Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2013, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Member

design

I had a few questions if the professionals could help me with I would greatly appreciate it. I have read thru the forums but don't see a definitive answer for my questions. I have 5/8, 3/4 meter and my sprinkler system pretty much designed but I am not sure of a few things:

1. I have a large front yard and wanted to use mp's for the precip rate but it would be less heads for sure if I went with a small rotor. When designing systems do the pros design for looks or the most efficient? My front yard is 80x40 rectangle and I want to know is it better to choke down mp3000 or hope that the mp2000 does as it say and will reach 20ft. There is about 4ft elevation change between the front of the yard at the street sloping down to the house.

2. I have 80psi water pressure (even had the city come out and check it as well to verify). I live in a cul de sac so no more houses will be built on our street. It it better for me to get a pressure regulator off the water meter or should I buy individual pressure regulator bodies for the mp's I will be using? What pressure regulator would you recommend? What body would you suggest I use with the mp's?

3. Do you normally design the main line (pvc) for the shortest length possible. I would like to put my backflow prev on the side of the house out of view but in order for me to do that my run will be approx 150ft. Is this still ok for 1in pvc (the rest of my system will be poly) or would you recommend increasing my mainline size?

Thanks,

Chris