Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
Hey dude I know this is an old thread but... l love the setup!! Going to get a F250 for this fall w the same sort of setup. How does the truck handle the weight of vac in front/ leaves and dump insert in back? Can you still pull a mower trailer ok?
How did you mount that vac, and what's the tubing you use to run into the box. Sorry for a lot of questions- you got the exact setup I'm looking for!
I installed a front mount hitch behind the front bumper and had a custom platform welded to place the leaf loader onto. I also have firestone airbags installed in the rear suspension which helps carry the load easily. The truck handles fine with the loader on the front, box full of leaves, and pulling my 20ft enclosed trailer. I definitely don't drive fast when pulling all that wait and always look ahead at what's coming up in the road.
Just a piece of advice. While I've never had a problem driving this rig in CT I have a good customer of mine who is a mass DOT statey and says my rig is 100% illegal according to federal DOT laws. The gas tank on top of the leaf loader mounted on the front of the truck is illegal. He said if I ran a gas line from the trucks gas tank to the loader then that would be legal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you Peek. I just bought a 16x8.5". Too small. Heading back tomorrow to get a 20x12. Thanks again for the info.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Suggestions on my leaf box

Hey ya'll, I was looking for some input and suggestions on designing a leaf box for my dump trailer. I've looked over almost every rig on this thread and it seems there are a lot of similarities and yet everyone does it a little differently.

I'm planning on running the 13hp loader off the back barn doors of my 6'x10' dump trailer, as you can see in the picture. My question to you all is, considering how high the discharge chute sits on the trailer, how high should I make my sides?

I was planning on adding an additional 24" to the existing sides I have now, to make the height of the walls 63" from the floor of the trailer. The top of the discharge chute comes up to about 54" from the floor of the trailer. This would leave me with approx. 10" of clearance. Is 54" tall enough or am I going to fill it up too fast?

My other question is what to do for the top, should I cover it with plywood with vents or just buy a mesh tarp and cover it with that? I'm concerned the discharged debris might mess up the mesh tarp if I use it as a top.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Build the sides as high as you can. On my dump insert I built 5' high sides which still allows me to get under most bridges around town.
Id also suggest looking into getting a extension piece for the loader to get the discharge chute high up then it is. I bought a 24" extension for my Billy Goat loader and it worked perfect.
Go to Harbor Freight and get a mesh tarp for the top. It keeps all the debris in but allows enough airflow to compact everything inside the box.
2007 Exmark 48" Turf Tracer HP 17hp
2 Shindaiwa Trimmers
Echo T755-H Backpack plower
JRCO dethatcher
6x14' Big Tex Open Trailer
Little Wonder 10hp blower
Echo T-150 Hedge Trimmer
Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTmower View Post
Build the sides as high as you can. On my dump insert I built 5' high sides which still allows me to get under most bridges around town.
Id also suggest looking into getting a extension piece for the loader to get the discharge chute high up then it is. I bought a 24" extension for my Billy Goat loader and it worked perfect.
Go to Harbor Freight and get a mesh tarp for the top. It keeps all the debris in but allows enough airflow to compact everything inside the box.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks man. Yea I actually decided I'm going to mount the loader in the back of my pick-up. This will raise it up 18" from the height it is in the picture and also eliminate the need for the loader to be removed when dumping. Definitely not the most professional placement but it should suit my needs for this year.

Ya, i think I'm going to go with the mesh tarp for a top so I have the option of removing it easily in the event I need to use the trailer to haul other stuff.

I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

2013 leaf rig

Billy goat leaf suckered mounted on 6ton dump trailer
Attached Images

16ft landscape
12ft landscape X2

2011 jd 4720 with hyd blade & 7.5 ft blower
2006 Agco St41a with loader & 6 ft. blower

2011 jd z25a with 60" 7iron
2008 Kubota ZG327 with 60"pro
2008 JD 647a stander 48"
2006 exmark viking 36"
2-2006 G15 walk with 36"cut
JD WE80 21"
2-Husqavarna 21"

4- Echo pb770
4- Echo split boom trimmer with attatchments
1- 13hp Billy goat debris loader
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few updates

A few small changes and after a big breakdown we re back in business

Old 11-02-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction for one of those mesh tarps everyone had on the top of their boxes. I would like to do the same to mine.

Here you go.

http://tarps.com/mesh.htm
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is this years set up. I mounted the loader on front of my trailer. I was concerned about tongue weight but it seams to be working fine.
Attached Images