Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
I would never go back to plugs after I started wearing WorkTunes! Have you tried them before?
I just bought one today. Hmph, just like every other piece of equipement I own, the only thing I say is, "Why didn't I get this a long time ago?"
Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried something similar to work tunes but they would make my ears so hot in the summer I couldn't stand it, still use them in the winter for leaf removal though, keeps my ears warm. I use 3M disposable plugs, I get a box of individually wrapped pairs (200 pair per box) for about $25 at harbor freight. Less than half the cost of similar plugs from HD or Lws (and HD/Lws are not individually wrapped) Cheapest good plugs I have found. I usually keep them in all day so I don't worry about them getting dirty, I occasionally pull one out and stick it in the crease of my ear if I am needing to remove one to hear something better.
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Old 10-17-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my history:

first 5 years, i wore in ear headbuds. Went to the doctor and found out i had hearing loss...
next year, i wore in ear plugs. I was back in the doctor with a SERIOUS ear infection.
Now, worktunes. If you want to listen to your ipod there is an aux plug for it.

Take it from me (and dont ask me in my left ear) you want to use worktunes.

Fun fact, every time you hear a buzzing high frequency sound in your ear, it is actually the frequency dying in your ear, you will never hear it again.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemco View Post
I tried something similar to work tunes but they would make my ears so hot in the summer I couldn't stand it, still use them in the winter for leaf removal though, keeps my ears warm. I use 3M disposable plugs, I get a box of individually wrapped pairs (200 pair per box) for about $25 at harbor freight. Less than half the cost of similar plugs from HD or Lws (and HD/Lws are not individually wrapped) Cheapest good plugs I have found. I usually keep them in all day so I don't worry about them getting dirty, I occasionally pull one out and stick it in the crease of my ear if I am needing to remove one to hear something better.
i drill holes in the foam with a 1/4" drill bit. It sounds ghetto but actually works really well

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!