Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond32176 View Post
Zero ill effects so far

You could run a 2 stroke on straight gas with zero ill effects until the piston seizes.
Sounds like the Stihl dealer, if he indeed said it, may wanna sell some new equipment prematurely. Other than that, it makes zero sense to take a chance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm agreeing with GMLC that no claim should be made that all synthetic oils can be mixed at 100:1 and is safe for all 50:1 machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
+1
I believe AMSoil has actually tested saber pro to 300:1 with no issues. Although, AMSoil does state to run saber pro at 80:1 for commercial equipment. That said, no way in hell would I try it with anything else, especially if it suggests to mix at xx:1 ratio.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
+1
I believe AMSoil has actually tested saber pro to 300:1 with no issues. Although, AMSoil does state to run saber pro at 80:1 for commercial equipment. That said, no way in hell would I try it with anything else, especially if it suggests to mix at xx:1 ratio.
Posted via Mobile Device
Amsoil told both myself, and then GMLC when he talked to them, that Saber Pro had been tested to 300:1. The tech told me that the engine showed no signed of wear after doing so during their testing.

I'm not sure where you got that info about 80:1. It's labeled right on the bottle Saber Pro 100:1, and that is the mix ratio they recommended to me on the phone, though they said anything down to 50:1 is fine with 80:1 being very popular.

Go to this link and then scroll down to where it says applications

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=ATPPK-EA
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Amsoil told both myself, and then GMLC when he talked to them, that Saber Pro had been tested to 300:1. The tech told me that the engine showed no signed of wear after doing so during their testing.

I'm not sure where you got that info about 80:1. It's labeled right on the bottle Saber Pro 100:1, and that is the mix ratio they recommended to me on the phone, though they said anything down to 50:1 is fine with 80:1 being very popular.

Go to this link and then scroll down to where it says applications

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=ATPPK-EA
Yea, you're right. It doesn't say anything further than "100:1 for 'normal' applications". I swear I saw somewhere that AMSoil suggests running 80:1 for "severe" duty applications. Regardless, it's still a far superior 2-cycle oil to anything else out there. IMO, next closest thing is Shindy RedArmor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
Yea, you're right. It doesn't say anything further than "100:1 for 'normal' applications". I swear I saw somewhere that AMSoil suggests running 80:1 for "severe" duty applications. Regardless, it's still a far superior 2-cycle oil to anything else out there. IMO, next closest thing is Shindy RedArmor.
Posted via Mobile Device
It says it on the bottle
Posted via Mobile Device