Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:29 PM
echo echo is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: somewhere out there
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond32176 View Post
Zero ill effects so far

You could run a 2 stroke on straight gas with zero ill effects until the piston seizes.
Sounds like the Stihl dealer, if he indeed said it, may wanna sell some new equipment prematurely. Other than that, it makes zero sense to take a chance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Outlawn's Avatar
Outlawn Outlawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm agreeing with GMLC that no claim should be made that all synthetic oils can be mixed at 100:1 and is safe for all 50:1 machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
+1
I believe AMSoil has actually tested saber pro to 300:1 with no issues. Although, AMSoil does state to run saber pro at 80:1 for commercial equipment. That said, no way in hell would I try it with anything else, especially if it suggests to mix at xx:1 ratio.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
+1
I believe AMSoil has actually tested saber pro to 300:1 with no issues. Although, AMSoil does state to run saber pro at 80:1 for commercial equipment. That said, no way in hell would I try it with anything else, especially if it suggests to mix at xx:1 ratio.
Posted via Mobile Device
Amsoil told both myself, and then GMLC when he talked to them, that Saber Pro had been tested to 300:1. The tech told me that the engine showed no signed of wear after doing so during their testing.

I'm not sure where you got that info about 80:1. It's labeled right on the bottle Saber Pro 100:1, and that is the mix ratio they recommended to me on the phone, though they said anything down to 50:1 is fine with 80:1 being very popular.

Go to this link and then scroll down to where it says applications

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=ATPPK-EA
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Outlawn's Avatar
Outlawn Outlawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Amsoil told both myself, and then GMLC when he talked to them, that Saber Pro had been tested to 300:1. The tech told me that the engine showed no signed of wear after doing so during their testing.

I'm not sure where you got that info about 80:1. It's labeled right on the bottle Saber Pro 100:1, and that is the mix ratio they recommended to me on the phone, though they said anything down to 50:1 is fine with 80:1 being very popular.

Go to this link and then scroll down to where it says applications

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=ATPPK-EA
Yea, you're right. It doesn't say anything further than "100:1 for 'normal' applications". I swear I saw somewhere that AMSoil suggests running 80:1 for "severe" duty applications. Regardless, it's still a far superior 2-cycle oil to anything else out there. IMO, next closest thing is Shindy RedArmor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Ormond32176 Ormond32176 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
Yea, you're right. It doesn't say anything further than "100:1 for 'normal' applications". I swear I saw somewhere that AMSoil suggests running 80:1 for "severe" duty applications. Regardless, it's still a far superior 2-cycle oil to anything else out there. IMO, next closest thing is Shindy RedArmor.
Posted via Mobile Device
It says it on the bottle
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.06518 seconds with 9 queries