Register free!

Old 10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1% rate would be .04oz or 1.18 milliliters.. might be easier to go to tractor supply and buy a 3-5ml syringe that might be an easier way to measure that small amount..
Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
1% rate would be .04oz or 1.18 milliliters.. might be easier to go to tractor supply and buy a 3-5ml syringe that might be an easier way to measure that small amount..
this is not right was busy at work when I posted this.. 1% in 4 gallons would make it 4oz 1/2% would make the 4 gallons would make it 2oz..

make sure you use MSO if you want do a search on here under greendoc's name he has posted a lot about mso..

I just sprayed Celsius certainty and quicksilver and added 1%MSO and a week later have gotten great kill.. I have used this combo in the past and will use it again it cleans my yard up real good from the summer weeds..
Old 10-19-2013, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
this is not right was busy at work when I posted this.. 1% in 4 gallons would make it 4oz 1/2% would make the 4 gallons would make it 2oz..

make sure you use MSO if you want do a search on here under greendoc's name he has posted a lot about mso..

I just sprayed Celsius certainty and quicksilver and added 1%MSO and a week later have gotten great kill.. I have used this combo in the past and will use it again it cleans my yard up real good from the summer weeds..
Broadleaves, kyllinga, and nutsedge: toast. That mix will also make a lot of cool season grasses sick too. I use 1/2% MSO when it is over 85 and 1% when it is cooler than that. You know, I even measure additives and surfactants. Any kind of mistake on my part means the whole lawn goes brown. There are some that just guess. They also guess how much area a gallon of their spray mix is covering as well. Missile test site anyone?

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
What is the generic of Quicksiver?
Shylock (50-60%); Agchem

Stingray (21.33%); Helena Chemical

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 10-19-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i blanket the whole yard with that mix tired it a few years back and it worked great so I still use.. after the very bad summer rains nut sedge and kyllinga and dollar weed is very bad along with doveweed and that mix worked a lot better when I raised the mso ratio to 1% and has smoked everything but the SA looks nice and green still.. stunted the growth which is fine it'll be back in a few weeks..
Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The possibility of growth regulation and yellowing is why I will only treat well fertilized lawns. Do this kind of mix to a starved lawn and you can see all kinds of damage.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
The possibility of growth regulation and yellowing is why I will only treat well fertilized lawns. Do this kind of mix to a starved lawn and you can see all kinds of damage.
i bet that mix would cause havoc on a lawn that hasn't been fed in awhile..i spray my yard a couple of week after I fertilizer it..
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have had jackwagons tell me they are surprised to see me mix up the 1.25 oz rate of Certainty with MSO and Quicksilver, then boom the whole lawn. "dude, you are going to yellow the grass". I would imagine Celsius could be much worse, but I have never seen any damage from it. The jackwagons only use Sedgehammer because there is almost no risk of yellowing the lawn and it is sold in single dose boxes at garden shops. They cannot shop where I do. Fertilizing a couple of weeks before treating is yet one more step to get the most out of an application and lowering the risk of adverse reactions by the grass.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just for giggles question...

Is there a safe mixture for spot spraying out of a BP with Celsius and blindside?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I have had jackwagons tell me they are surprised to see me mix up the 1.25 oz rate of Certainty with MSO and Quicksilver, then boom the whole lawn. "dude, you are going to yellow the grass". I would imagine Celsius could be much worse, but I have never seen any damage from it. The jackwagons only use Sedgehammer because there is almost no risk of yellowing the lawn and it is sold in single dose boxes at garden shops. They cannot shop where I do. Fertilizing a couple of weeks before treating is yet one more step to get the most out of an application and lowering the risk of adverse reactions by the grass.
lol that's what I use also and never had a problem with yellowing my yard.. the only problem I have had is when I use dismiss or blindside it leaves bad tire marks from my z spray jr.. it wasn't as bad when I lowered the dose to 4oz and acre or 3oz and acre but it still left tire marks pretty bad..i will usually blanket the yard a couple weeks after I have fertilized it...