Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Outdoors-Unlimited.net

My web site is www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

I just aquired the domain, and with the help of a great friend we will be putting my site together during my slow period this winter.

I love this site for the knowledge available, but drifted away as I got tired of discussing the baddest blower on the market, that I was going to buy once I got paid from the lady down the street..........get where Im going. I no longer read "new posts" I scan for the ones that may interest me.

I have a pic thread going that is my intro of sorts. I will link it in a moment.

Anyhow, I wanted to start this thread, to have you website guy help me along the way as we bring my page to life.

Thanks now, for all info you guys may share along the way!

www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

www.facebook.com/Outdoors.Unlimited
Old 10-17-2013, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The next time you're rained out, I would recommend making a pot of coffee and spending the day reading this sub-forum. If you pay extra attention to the site review and SEO threads, you'll avoid the common pitfalls.

I'm assuming you've had the business name and have just registered the best available name for it? With that domain name, you'll want to practice reciting it to customers. A hyphen and a .net presents inherent disadvantages that you'll have to make the best of.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
The next time you're rained out, I would recommend making a pot of coffee and spending the day reading this sub-forum. If you pay extra attention to the site review and SEO threads, you'll avoid the common pitfalls.

I'm assuming you've had the business name and have just registered the best available name for it? With that domain name, you'll want to practice reciting it to customers. A hyphen and a .net presents inherent disadvantages that you'll have to make the best of.
Im not exactly excited about the site name, but it was the best we could come up with.

I have a good friend who is helping me with the deisgn and what not. I am reading pretty much nothing but the website devolopment area of the site. We are hosting this on his server, and will use this site to develop our site, then I will look into buying out a .com domain name.

www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

www.facebook.com/Outdoors.Unlimited