Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
This absolutely baffles me. I've sold a lot of 3100Zs the past 3 years and this is one Complaint I've never got. Never noticed. or had any kind of a problem with.... I just emailed Ferris and they will prolly get in touch with you soon....
Awesome thanks. I will also go back next week to recheck the track bars on the back of the deck. I swear I saw none?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Member

If there's none on there then that dealer otta be some kinda pissed off lol
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dad's got arthritis in his hands and used to have aching muscles from our ZTR. We got a Toro Grandstand and we love it from top to bottom. Love it so much we picked up a Wright Stander X yesterday, and it absorbs even more bumps. It's been proven that with the right absorption that you're able to stand for a longer time. Just our experiences.
48" TTHP
2 44" Toro WB's
Shindaiwa weed eaters
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think I would retire from lawn care if I were you. Maybe hire someone to do the work. Nothing is worth the risk of doing further damage to your back.
I really do appreciate your concern & advice, but the Dr's. said this is a structurally corrective procedure which, after fusion and healing are complete is at no risk of any damage. I had 29 degrees of curvature involving 5 vertebra (Scoliosis) ... they put in the pins/rods/cages to straighten and stabilize my lower back. Once the fusion takes place, I should be OK to resume all normal activity.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy1 View Post
I really do appreciate your concern & advice, but the Dr's. said this is a structurally corrective procedure which, after fusion and healing are complete is at no risk of any damage. I had 29 degrees of curvature involving 5 vertebra (Scoliosis) ... they put in the pins/rods/cages to straighten and stabilize my lower back. Once the fusion takes place, I should be OK to resume all normal activity.
I bet you were happy to hear that diagnosis
Old 10-19-2013, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Adding to the Ferris debate. Last winter I looked at a 3100 and 2000 series I forget which one. None of them swayed. The dealer was even jumping on the foot platform and the deck its self. I was pushing on it with my feet side to side. No movement. It was like my Deere z950 I had at the time. Any reason that dealer would remove the bars? Or re adjust them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I bet you were happy to hear that diagnosis
OH YEAH !!!

I hate that I had the procedure done so late in the year ... Fall & Winter are my favorite times to work outside ... fat people sweat too much in the heat & humidity of Spring & Summer here in S.E. Tennessee. It will be minimum 6 months to total recovery, which puts me down from early September till about March ... oh well, I guess I'll just have to sweat a lot to get the same things accomplished.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Try a Gravely 400 series. Get the seat adjusted correctly, and you will be amazed at the difference. I now own two of them.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
If there's none on there then that dealer otta be some kinda pissed off lol
Post a pix of the mower deck sway bars, a pix is worth a thousand words or post a video.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Adding to the Ferris debate. Last winter I looked at a 3100 and 2000 series I forget which one. None of them swayed. The dealer was even jumping on the foot platform and the deck its self. I was pushing on it with my feet side to side. No movement. It was like my Deere z950 I had at the time. Any reason that dealer would remove the bars? Or re adjust them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not if they already assembled from the factory. They are there so it won't sway back in forth. And there's no adjustment to them. The only thing that can happen is the bushings can wear out inside the tube where they mount to the deck. But I've only seen that once and it was on a older 3000z. Even then it only swayed 1"
Posted via Mobile Device