Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
williams lcm williams lcm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 718
i see alot of happy lawn guys

With the lack of heavy rain and a little bit cooler the grass is slowing down. I see the happy faces hanging out of trucks as I drive by. I am glad that most propertys really don't need much string trimming. This saves a ton of time. I have been skipping most of my Bahia lawns. How are your lawns doing growth wise?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 AM
billslawn89's Avatar
billslawn89 billslawn89 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 1,358
Ya! I am one of those with a happy face! Its been one week without rain and I noticed a few Bahia lawns starting to dry out yesterday. I believe in my area was record rainfall this year so I'm enjoying it! String trimming the swales at some properties was a pain this year! They held water most of the season, but it was worth doing because you see some yards with 4 foot tall weeds in them and look like crap. I might be able to skip some lawns next week as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 AM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
With the lack of heavy rain and a little bit cooler the grass is slowing down. I see the happy faces hanging out of trucks as I drive by. I am glad that most propertys really don't need much string trimming. This saves a ton of time. I have been skipping most of my Bahia lawns. How are your lawns doing growth wise?
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
Ya! I am one of those with a happy face! Its been one week without rain and I noticed a few Bahia lawns starting to dry out yesterday. I believe in my area was record rainfall this year so I'm enjoying it! String trimming the swales at some properties was a pain this year! They held water most of the season, but it was worth doing because you see some yards with 4 foot tall weeds in them and look like crap. I might be able to skip some lawns next week as well.
Love this time of year
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,369
We're not in FL, but what is it about not having to trim that makes guys smile? Personally I'd rather trim than mow and my guys think that I'm crazy for it, which is arguable....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 AM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,552
Almost no growth, and trimming stinks! I'd rather ride a mower any day
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 PM
mtlandservices mtlandservices is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
Ya! I am one of those with a happy face! Its been one week without rain and I noticed a few Bahia lawns starting to dry out yesterday. I believe in my area was record rainfall this year so I'm enjoying it! String trimming the swales at some properties was a pain this year! They held water most of the season, but it was worth doing because you see some yards with 4 foot tall weeds in them and look like crap. I might be able to skip some lawns next week as well.
I agree I am glad to see the rain stop, enough is enough. I started moving some accounts to by-weekly this week, a much welcomed break.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 904
Life is good! lol Love doing those drive bye's. lol Wont be long and we wont even drive bye, it don't need it as we think to ourselves. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2013, 12:00 PM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,587
It seemed like this time of the year would never come! It's been a hard year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2013, 12:32 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
It seemed like this time of the year would never come! It's been a hard year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed, the rain this year was unreal. No matter how long I do this for a living though I am always amazed at how quickly the work load reduces in mid October every year.
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2013, 01:06 PM
billslawn89's Avatar
billslawn89 billslawn89 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 1,358
This is the first Saturday I had off in months. Don't know what to do...I was going to work in my yard, since my yard is last to do but, NO. A chillin kind of day for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.06915 seconds with 9 queries