Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You're gonna like it. I've yet to hear from anyone here or elsewhere that have used or owned both the 570 and 580 who didn't end up liking the 570 better overall. They are just so close at moving leaf piles, yet the 570 is lighter, scours better, and uses less fuel. I am not being biased towards what I have. I have what I do because it was the best choice after trying all the big BP's within less than a month of each other on heavy fall leaves.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It'll help until hopefully a 590, 600, etc... comes out))).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's what we're all waiting for (at lest those of us who like BP's, and I DO!)
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Not even close. A walk behind blower will blow an 8500 away. I have 580's and a walk behind. No comparison. He's solo. He's not using 2 guys. And no way one guy with a bp is faster than a walk behind.
Posted via Mobile Device
It depends on what you are doing, for small jobs and small parking lots with cars I could grab a 8500 Red Max and be just as fast or faster than using both units together on a job because the time it takes to walk it 2 times and get the other blower.

Larger areas you are right not even close and like I posted one hooked to a mower is like super duper.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bless you if you have to push one. I used a push for a day. Never again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

i run both echo backpacks and little wonder 8hp wb i have both old bp and wb and new bp and wb blowers on hills the wb are a bit heavy gives you i good workout and in small yards the wb are monsters i can get the small yards done in like 30 mins the wb are tottaly worth the $800 to $1000 ive spent on leaf blowers
Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where I am at I use a BP MAX 8500 to blow the beds out then use my 72 Z to mulch.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

honestly even being solo, you each piece of the puzzle, for fall clean ups. of course this depends on your accounts you have too. but for me working by myself. I use my scag cheetah with the triple bagger system to collect leaves if I am hauling them away. or to do the final clean up if they are going into the woods. I use my br600 backpack for blowing out beds and just getting the leaves to an open area where either the mower can reach them to suck them up or my hurricane ride on blower can access them to send them into the woods. its simple as that. each piece is needed without each piece I wouldn't be nearly as effiecient. How do I know this I was in your shoes and I did clean ups with a hand held blower from echo at first, then moved up to doing clean ups with echo 770 back pack, then I bought a zero turn rider and started tarping leaves and dragging them with a trap with the mower, then I bought a little wonder and started using that and then I upgraded my zero turn to a 61" cheetah and bought a bagger system that same october, then I bought the tine rake in the spring, by now my spring and fall clean ups were going extremely fast for even the most neglected yards, and finally most recently i sold my little wonder and bought a hurricane 314 ride on hydrostatic leaf blower, that moves 5000cfm and goes 5mph forward and 4mph in reverse, and now my clean ups go even quicker....about as quick as a landscape company with 4 or 5 guys. so really depending on your properties you most likely need both of them unless the leaves don't get thick where you live.