Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use paypal on my site and I have a couple of regulars and the fee is like $3, I'm in the process of checking out dwolla
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you have Quickbooks theyhave an option of basically direct deposit into your bank account. I found out about it when i emailed an invoice to a client and they requested direct payment. It's alittle bit of a process to set up, basically they request to pay you directly into your account and you accept it. I believe .50$ a transaction and next business day the money is there. Only did it the one time so i am going from memory for the info.

http://www.razorsedgelawn.com/
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone use authorize.net? i'm thinking of using it next year, but really not sure what the fees are, i checked the pricing on their site, lots of "asteriks" so i wonder if there may be some hidden fees. $20 a month, plus 10cents per transaction doesn't sound bad, thats what i was reading on there. With paypal its 2 or 3 bucks everytime someone pays. I'm not liking that to much anymore, plus waiting 3 days to transfer the money.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Paypal for many years now. 60% of my regulars use it. Also has a smartphone swiper for point of sale. No dispute issues. You choose between a "goods" or "services" transaction so dipute rules are different. Service disputes can't be frozen or retracted. 2.9% is the fee. You can transfer to your accounts or use the MC debit card they give you. Transfer requests before noon will post next business day. Can't say enough good about them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

We email a paypal invoice after each service. I get an email notification when it's paid. My average invoice is $40 and I pay $1.46 for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use paypal, and the client pays the convience fee of 3%. So a $100 bill would be $103 on paypal. Otherwise they can write me a check or pay cash. Not supporting the corrupt banks by acecoting credit cards.

As for paypal disputes, I disputed a transaction unrelated to my business a year ago. They were very helpful and contacted the company and they gave me my products that same day. They wanted a copy of my drivers liscense to 'verify my identity'. After I had purchased from this company atleast 5 times before this with the same credit card and verified my ID many ways.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you implement the convenience fee to your customers? I tried it, but then i found out it was against paypal policy. Much less cusotmers used paypal to pay me when i was trying to charge $3.00 to pay online. I still rather paypal payments over checks, easier to deal with. figure the fees will be tax deductible anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
I use paypal, and the client pays the convience fee of 3%. So a $100 bill would be $103 on paypal. Otherwise they can write me a check or pay cash. Not supporting the corrupt banks by acecoting credit cards.

As for paypal disputes, I disputed a transaction unrelated to my business a year ago. They were very helpful and contacted the company and they gave me my products that same day. They wanted a copy of my drivers liscense to 'verify my identity'. After I had purchased from this company atleast 5 times before this with the same credit card and verified my ID many ways.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
How do you implement the convenience fee to your customers? I tried it, but then i found out it was against paypal policy. Much less cusotmers used paypal to pay me when i was trying to charge $3.00 to pay online. I still rather paypal payments over checks, easier to deal with. figure the fees will be tax deductible anyways.
Its a deductible expense. I've never added it on. Most business quit that practice in the 80s. The benefit of being able to accept cards generates thousands of dollars in business. Especially on large projects that people can't afford all at once.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

We started using Intuit's Quick-books Online Payment in July. The fee is a flat 50¢ ea. Several customers took to it IMMEDIATELY. Nothing like finding payment in the bank on the same day I have emailed the invoices!

Looking into the Intuit credit card "thing" that goes on your phone to process CC payments. Seems like it would beneficial during snow-plow season.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta love an inbox full of "you've got money" instead of spam.
Posted via Mobile Device