Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2003, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere vs. Hustler

I currently own 2 JD mowers:a small LT 150 and a medium-sized GX 325.I need at least one large lawn tractor for a couple of reasons.The main reason is to use on larger properties.I love my JD's and they're great for small,tight yards but too time-consuming for the larger ones.I also want to get into the leaf removal business and the Hustler Super-Z with 9 bushel catcher would be great for that purpose.In the spring and summer months I could use it for mowing IF,of course,I can get the necessary funds to purchase it.
When I got into this business I just assumed that John Deere "was the man" when it comes to lawn tractors.I've since found out that the competition has done alot of catching up in in recent years.
What is the general consensus among LCO's about JD lawn mowers and tractors?Is JD still the "gold standard" ?Has the competion caught up with(or even passed)them?Finally,what do you guys think of the Hustler I'm interested in?What would be some comparable machines to check out?Thanks. Jim