Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2013, 05:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by precision-scott View Post
I'm in the same boat as Jason & Hoots .... anyone thought about/tried a class action for these clowns? My lawyer is an asst DA down where I am and knows some serious people (judges, etc) who may be willing to help.

Please feel free to message me ... I'm very interested to talk... I'm nearly 35k in the whole to these people and if this goofy crap happens, I'm out of business....
For what it's worth, I live just outside of Wichita, KS and I have never heard of this company. There are two or three major players in Wichita, but it doesn't sound like this one is reputable at all.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a blog that I found about them praising them for merging with another landscape company etc. The whole thing gets more shady every minute.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok boys, it's not as completely bad as it seems. There have been developments but Complete appears, at this point, to be above board. They've filed Chapter 11 but are working to get paid up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

They should throw Laura McMurry in jail for what she has done in the past. She is no different than Bernie Madoff. She took off with our money. We have been waiting to get paid for over 2 and a half years from work we did at the Bank Of Americas before she ran that contract into the ground. I do not know how she ran at 40% profit and can not pay her sub-contractors. She is a criminal. Stay away from her and Complete Landscape. We were served yesterday with paperwork from Enron Law stating she filed chapter 11. And we got a letter from the US Department of Justice since we are one of the 20 largest unsecured creditors they owe money too. I hope she rots in jail and losses everything.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Commercial properties are usually more trouble than they're worth. Sub jobs are fine, but if there's part so the contract you don't like, they're in there just to screw you. Let some Mexicans with craftsman tractors work for a couple of pesos and find some work worth doing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am trying to understand how these people work...

They 'get' the contract and then sub out all the work?
It ought to be against the law to even bid on work you don't have the equipment to tackle, but I guess that doesn't concern here...

What happens if nobody wants it?

Especially considering contracts are almost always lowest bidder to begin with, I am really trying to understand here, if I were to accept some of this sub-contracted work that they've already lowballed and are now taking a cut for themselves, what's left for me?

(insert 4 letter word meaning Fecal matter), seriously?
Wouldn't I be best off bidding on the contracts myself?

I mean, I am trying to understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD Landscape View Post
They should throw Laura McMurry in jail for what she has done in the past. She is no different than Bernie Madoff. She took off with our money. We have been waiting to get paid for over 2 and a half years from work we did at the Bank Of Americas before she ran that contract into the ground. I do not know how she ran at 40% profit and can not pay her sub-contractors. She is a criminal. Stay away from her and Complete Landscape. We were served yesterday with paperwork from Enron Law stating she filed chapter 11. And we got a letter from the US Department of Justice since we are one of the 20 largest unsecured creditors they owe money too. I hope she rots in jail and losses everything.
Well yeah, I see now, that would explain it, I can totally see that coming.
I am guessing they pay themselves first, at the sub-contractors expense.

I realize that may be par for the course and that may be how certain folks run things and it may even go so far as to be standard de facto run-of-the-mill "this is how you run a business boy" for many but it's no way to do things if you ask me, it doesn't sound right and I wouldn't work for some cut throats like that.

Last edited by herler; 10-06-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
I am trying to understand how these people work...

They 'get' the contract and then sub out all the work?
It ought to be against the law to even bid on work you don't have the equipment to tackle, but I guess that doesn't concern here...

What happens if nobody wants it?

Especially considering contracts are almost always lowest bidder to begin with, I am really trying to understand here, if I were to accept some of this sub-contracted work that they've already lowballed and are now taking a cut for themselves, what's left for me?

(insert 4 letter word meaning Fecal matter), seriously?
Wouldn't I be best off bidding on the contracts myself?

I mean, I am trying to understand...

Well yeah, I see now, that would explain it, I can totally see that coming.
I am guessing they pay themselves first, at the sub-contractors expense.

I realize that may be par for the course and that may be how certain folks run things and it may even go so far as to be standard de facto run-of-the-mill "this is how you run a business boy" for many but it's no way to do things if you ask me, it doesn't sound right and I wouldn't work for some cut throats like that.
It's the American dream! Make money for not doing (insert four letter word for fecal matter)!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Complete Landscaping update

Hi everyone, hate to be the death bringer but from what I have understood by Complete filing for Chap 11 they can delay paying anybody for years thats right years. Sadly this has all been an organized effort to defraud any sub contractors into working and not receive proper compensation. Complete Landscaping did their research put up a shiny front and exposed a considerable loop hole in our business. I am taking a 35K loss and may lose everything this year if I cant churn my currents into making more with less (I think we all know what that means). I am sorry for anyone that got involved in this mess last message do not commit to sub work if you cannot drive to their door to collect lesson learned.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GREEN GUY View Post
Hi everyone, hate to be the death bringer but from what I have understood by Complete filing for Chap 11 they can delay paying anybody for years thats right years. Sadly this has all been an organized effort to defraud any sub contractors into working and not receive proper compensation. Complete Landscaping did their research put up a shiny front and exposed a considerable loop hole in our business. I am taking a 35K loss and may lose everything this year if I cant churn my currents into making more with less (I think we all know what that means). I am sorry for anyone that got involved in this mess last message do not commit to sub work if you cannot drive to their door to collect lesson learned.
Yeah, in the same boat but my loss is double that. It sucks. God Bless America where we protect criminals and allow legal theft.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

That is really unfortunate for you Hoots. You know there is a thing called Organized Crime I don't see how this is any different. I mean the whole Staff had to be in on it. Laura, Wendy, Tim they all knew well and good the operation of hiring and pay delay and defraud. Who knows how many companies this has been done too over the last 3-4 years? The list probably goes on how is this any different than Organized Crime why cant this equate to a Rico act and get the FEDS involved and post charges to them for what they intended and what the did? Would anyone know any Fed connections that could look into this? I really wish this industry was regimented better this could never happen to an electrician company or plumbers company. So frustrated.