Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
Ever been out at a bar and thought "this band SUCKS. How do they think they're any good? And how do people like them?" Lack of suck awareness is everywhere.
There are fans of everything though. I might think it sucks but I bet somewhere in that bar someone is jamming there head to it. There is no doubt in my mind that some home owners would think that is the best possible job that could be done. They might not like it, but they might not realize that it can be better. They might look at it and be like hmm that isn't what I imagined and the contractor says, well - it has to look like that for ::bullshit reason::

The home owner has no idea and decides to trust the person they just paid thousands of dollars too.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 10-08-2013, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, and people will bend themselves around like pretzels to convince themselves that they didn't make a mistake. It's why I cringe when occasionally I go on a sales call with a contractor and the first words out of his mouth are "dude he SCREWED you!"
Old 10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bad contractors live off the cluelessness of some customers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I wonder if a contractor has ever found this site and than saw a picture of his work in this thread? LOL

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Doing a paver repair now. total hack job. Existing pool with thin pavers on top. So many issues.

Renovation drains have no pitch and what pitch it dose have is towards the house. Also they were packed with sand. They did not adhere the bordering pavers to the existing pool deck so the 1" sand bed washed in the drain. In addition to the pitch of the pavers is towards the house. Thus causing the house to flood.

The you get what you pay for. We put in a bid to do the original install. They asked why we were more I told them Quality. What we build is solid. They hired the cheaper company. Now they hire us to fix the issues.

We are well documenting the job for two reasons. 1. If I was the homeowner I'd bring it to court. 2. The pavers being installed wrong is not the only cause for the house flooding. Bad gutter installation and the pool being installed to high. Also the drains for the pool exit below grade. We had the HO sign off on no warranty. So many issue we can only guarantee it will be improvement and installed properly.

They told me today our higher price to do the install was cheaper in the long run.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Doing a paver repair now. total hack job. Existing pool with thin pavers on top. So many issues.

Renovation drains have no pitch and what pitch it dose have is towards the house. Also they were packed with sand. They did not adhere the bordering pavers to the existing pool deck so the 1" sand bed washed in the drain. In addition to the pitch of the pavers is towards the house. Thus causing the house to flood.

The you get what you pay for. We put in a bid to do the original install. They asked why we were more I told them Quality. What we build is solid. They hired the cheaper company. Now they hire us to fix the issues.

We are well documenting the job for two reasons. 1. If I was the homeowner I'd bring it to court. 2. The pavers being installed wrong is not the only cause for the house flooding. Bad gutter installation and the pool being installed to high. Also the drains for the pool exit below grade. We had the HO sign off on no warranty. So many issue we can only guarantee it will be improvement and installed properly.

They told me today our higher price to do the install was cheaper in the long run.
You gotta feel bad for them, but when I quote pavers I tell them it costs this much because of all the time I'm putting into it to make sure it's done right. Its serious work, and there are a lot of jack off idiot hacks out there that think it's just easy money.

I did a fix for my girlfriend's aunt. Did it with just my brother helping me out. It was on my days off, doing it as a favor and trying my best to keep the price down. Still cost half of what they originally paid, and cutting her a massive break on the hourly rate, didn't mark up materials, ect. If they had professionals do it the first time, rather than a bunch of Mexicans, it wouldn't have sank four inches. They laid 3 inches of quarry process over clay soil. I couldn't believe it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I understand.
Everyone wants to go cheap.

We just finished a repair for someone that thought our original quote was too high so they settled for the cheap route.

Now they still have a mediocre job and are paying us to patch it together
Old 10-12-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"What do you Mean I did it wrong! I piped the gutter to a pop up and everything!"
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

hahaha looks like a 15sst backfilled with asphalt! somebody really needed that strip watered, but didn't want to change a zone to MPs
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This stuff is great!

Tags
bad , hacks , idiots , wrong