Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This makes no sense to me. I just picked 2-2.5gal jugs of Q4 last week. Both labels say 4 weeks on them. Website says 1 week. WTF. I just got done spraying 3 acres with Drive/speedzone mix so I can reseed this month. Would of used my Q4 instead of mixing that.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody try reseeding a test area after 1 week to see what happens? Seems like it wouldn't take too much time to find out.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
Anybody try reseeding a test area after 1 week to see what happens? Seems like it wouldn't take too much time to find out.
Are you guys using a sticker with q4? I sprayed with chem stick and results were not very good? I have had great succes with drive and methylated seed oil...I don't understand why chemicals don't come pre mixed with the proper sticker? Round up is the only one I know of....back to the original question I would think 1 week would be plenty of time especially when using a Powerseedeer or aerator
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
This makes no sense to me. I just picked 2-2.5gal jugs of Q4 last week. Both labels say 4 weeks on them. Website says 1 week. WTF. I just got done spraying 3 acres with Drive/speedzone mix so I can reseed this month. Would of used my Q4 instead of mixing that.
Sounds like the jugs you bought were old and had been sitting on the shelf for sometime. Kind of like the problem I ran into with Solitaire that listed Dallisgrass on the label. But I called the company and they said that was a two-year-old label at least. Problem is these companies change their labels and no one ever knows about it.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
So I have lables saved to an app in my iPhone so they are always with me. I was looking at the label I saved to it last summer for Q4 plus. The reseeding timeframe is 4 weeks. That's what its always been as far as I know. That's been one of the drawbacks for me personally.

Anyways, I was on the PBI Gordon website and was looking at the label. I think I was doing that because it's easier to read than doing it on my phone. I was looking at reseeding timeframes and it says ONE (1) week! I thought to myself, what in the world is up with that? So, I called PBI Gordon and the guy confirmed that in fact it is 1 week. I said I wanted to know why it's always been 4 and now it says 1. He said he would contact the research and development department and call me back.

Do you think this is true or did somone make a mistake? None of the AI's have changed......just wondering if anyone else noticed this or just me?
What app are you using to save the labels onto your phone... I have a droid and I believe this to be a great way to always have them on me... How are you going about this? Thank you
Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlawnservice View Post
What app are you using to save the labels onto your phone... I have a droid and I believe this to be a great way to always have them on me... How are you going about this? Thank you
I dowload the label pdf from the makers website to my desktop. I then attach it to an email and email myself the pdf. I then open it and save it to iBooks on my phone.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...DE_7GzLHNwKtIw

This label still says 4 weeks?!?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Member

That is for the Older Q4. He is talking about the Q4 Plus. That does say 1 week on the PBI Gordon website.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I use the Dropbox app to store all my labels on PDF. Works perfectly just download on your phone or put in to Dropbox folder from your desktop