Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking at them lately. Sat in on their webinar, got sent the next level info on all of it. What you buy into is the dealer applicator rights for an area. They train you, provide you with a media kit, marketing pieces, and a lot of support. They say it is about 10% higher than chemical lawn care. They give you recommended programs for your climate, with what products to use and when. Weed control is with Fiesta or Adios for spot spray, and they use a CG for pre. From what I see, they took everything and put a system together that works. They are growing, so I imagine they have something that works?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
You need them to attempt organic landcare?

I don't know that I would invest in a couple of products, let alone buy a franchise... the biggest problem is, is that people aren't ready for an organic solution becuz it doesn't exist... its like the hydrogen car...

Once you have a clear understanding of what soil science is all about, then you might consider that strengths and weaknesses of "organic" and invest wisely... Otherwise they are selling you a suckers' con... JMHO...
I'm even more convinced of this now, than I was then...

To say it must be good, becuz it's growing would give credibility to TV Faith-healers, by using the same logic...
That con will never stop growing...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

There is someone in our neck of the woods selling organic products and on his website many articles of the pro's of organics and the unacceptable practice of using chemicals. He has a pet peeve towards any who promote organic products but still use chemicals.
That's funny because I dislike those who promote organics but are not realistic but dishonest to not admit that the organic products available to us today are not practical for running a business.
I am doing the best I know with what is available but as of today a 24D like product and pre-emerges are necessary. Corn gluten works for the homeowner but it is not practical to apply and too costly for a business.
Organics can work for the farmer but for the residential business it is like having a farm with 300 or so different plots. Each plot has different soil conditions,each plot has mowers and irrigation companies not on the same page.The cost for the homeowner is too costly.
You "forward" people keep pushing organics and the man you voted for might make an executive order to regulate the products that keep a lot of us in the business of giving the people what they want,weed free and green lawns.
I too don't like the dead zones and am doing something about it in my programs. I do not see any truth that 24D or pre-emerges are so harmful especially when supplemented by organic products like tea and compost where people will pay for it.
Because of the organic,natural products and equipment I use my chemicals are greatly reduced. I have eliminated synthetic fertilizers except for bermuda yards but this is the last year for that.
I hope we can go forward and develope effective,affordable products that work in preventing and eliminating weeds
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Actually,,, organic "products" work well,,, in well structured soils, with adequate water and air ratios... If the green is a little bland, it doesn't take much synthetic N and Fe to really brighten it up... in fact, it doesn't take much Milorganite to Brighten it up...

On the flip side, soils that are poorly structured with inadequate water/air ratios require too much soluable N to keep the grass the brite green we all have come to expect...

I have a pet peeve with all this talk about replacement products rather than building fertility in the soil,,, becuz the organic products ARE capable of using in Business...
The only thing that prevents 'organic fert products' from working in the business setting, is the lack of understanding how important soil structure is for these products to become usable CE sites with adequate water/air ratios...

Once that barrier is removed, then we could move onto Growing a Full Lawn, with minimal herbicide usage and once the lawn is Mature,,,, 0 (zero) herbicidal usage... Running aerators should be unnecessary with cool season grasses...
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree replenish&subdue

There are no organic products that stand up for their own as a decent cost effective lawn pesticide.
If there was, we would all be using it and promoting it with pride.

That is why the sale of Organic Products is always supplemented with

"Danger!!! You will get Cancer using Chemical Pesticides! We can prove it with Study XYZ"

Then they refer you to Beyond Pesticides or Panna to prove it.

Here is a mock statement, you will see in the Literature Reviews that the Anti Pesticide Lovers use as Proof of Cancer and Pesticides.

"Conclusion: The Study (Study XYZ), which involved only a questionnaire asking 100 family members of deceased cancer patients with cancer in 1990. Of those 100 family members they may have recalled (with no proof) the deceased family member being in contact with household pesticides (no specific one) on more than one occasion" ."From these epidemiological finding, there is a 60% chance that you can get cancer from pesticides."

Still makes me laugh nobody is selling Organic Sod.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

so 15 k gets u in the door what a cover charge
Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device