Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My website feedback

My website is up. I used the smallbiz theme on wordpress that Laura mentioned in another post. I know I need to review some target keywords and rewrite the copy to hammer them but it's a start. Have a look and let me know what you think. Very limited pictures because I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures and I refuse to use stock pics.

www.totalturfsolutionswi.com
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks nice. Work on getting pictures. You could break up all the writing on the service page with some photos. The free quote on bottom of flower on home page is hard to see. Make it have it's own "box" on the right side to balance it out. use that box on every page. Good job on your work already.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I know I need a lot more pictures, I'm working on leaving the real camera in the truck because I find I'm more likely to remember with a camera rather than just my phone. Unfortunately we're pretty much done for the year so it will be a while for more pictures. Thanks for the feedback. I will add a request a quote to the right sidebar. Actually looking forward to Tony tearing apart the SEO portion. I know that part needs a lot of work but it's up and running which is step 1
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Site looks good.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 10-30-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

General appearance looks like a good start. The first thing Tony is going to tell you is to read the SEO/Moz and Google Webmaster guides. Then from there start with your Meta Title and Descriptions, those are virtually blank right and the only search traffic they will generate for you is someone searching for your business by name in which case your website is basically just an online business card. I would suggest breaking your services page into a couple pages and optimizing the SEO for each category rather than trying to rank one page for all those services. Good luck, the more you learn the more fun it is, but you can devote endless hours to it and still be looking to improve : )
Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Your site looks great! I sent you some feedback via email.
Learning SEO, plugins, Google is a fulltime job. I offer a class of what to do and what is most important so that you can focus on your business. If you are interested here are the details. http://greencastlewebdesign.com/greencastle-class
Again, great job!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I know the meta titles and descriptions are blank. ADD kicked in and I wasn't putting out the best work so I left them all blank for now. I do plan on making each service it's own page or at least putting categories of services together but again I would like to get pictures and such for each page to show the results associated with each service. Laura, haven't read your e-mail yet but I appreciate the help you've given me so far.