Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah they have a few. This truck is a rare combination in how it was set up. According to the seller it was part of a large equipment acquisition by Brickman of another company. As far as stress goes yes it at times can be extremely streeful while at other times extremely rewarding. The key is to be able to manage time appropriately and have good guys in the field. I would rather be stressed now when I do not necessarily live off of the money I make than getting out of college without any of the infrastructure that I have now. What is important is that I love what I do and enjoy the toys that I get to use in the process of it. This business is not for the faint of heart for sure but it can be extremely rewarding if you plan and make proper decisions.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I truly think I'm made for this work. Ever since I was 5 years old I wanted to do this. I think when it comes down to it any job is pretty stressful. I would either do this or construction management but I heard that is very stressful. I rather be stressed out owning a business then stressed out working long hours for a boss.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I also don't want to run a basic lawn business I want to run a respected landscaping business.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the big things that has made my life less stressful in one aspect and more in another is going the route of doing higher end work that pays more but with that it demands alot more attention to detail, complex plans, and alot more capital to run. In the end its all about the image and the work that we put out and stand behind that will make or break a company.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Part of the fleet lined up at one of our full maintenance accounts
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Can you explain a little more how it made you're life more stressful in one aspect but less stressful in another aspect?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its one of those give and take things at the moment. In one aspect I have everything as mechanized and ordered by procedure as possible and on the other hand Im constantly having to maintain everything and keep up with all of the paper work that goes with growing and having a fleet of gear. The point is that there is always going to be something to stress you out running a business, especially when we have grown drastically this year compared to others. Needless to say I am ready for winter haha.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the reply, makes since. Will you be doing series plowing this year ? I really think your business is awesome, and what makes it even more awesome is you're not even out of college yet!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks I appreciate the compliment! It has certainly been an interesting ride and I look forward to what lies ahead when I graduate college. I am considering taking some landscape specific night classes after to become more informed and most likely eventually get my applicators license to get into that industry as well. What do you mean when you say series plowing?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I read some where in you're thread that said you just use plowing as bonus and don't do a lot of it. I was just wondering if that has changed yet. Are you happy with the degree you pursed or do you wish you went for something more landscaping related ?
Posted via Mobile Device