Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 PM
agrostis agrostis is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Winston-Salem NC
Posts: 2,041
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
The tennis court is whats called a hydro court. There are perforated PVC pipes run underneath the clay and they drip water out of them, this keeps the surface damp.
About 25 year's ago the tennis shop at the club i was working at had just installed two clay court's with sub-surface irrigation like that. They thought the clay was too dry so they wanted me to turn up the water. There was a 1" valve for every line under the court. It seem's like there was a line every 8', i really don't remember. The valve's were halfway open, i opened them up 25% more. I came back 2 hour's later and the court's looked like the surface of a lake on a windy day, very wavy. They had to close those thing's for 2 day's and roll the court's for about 4 hour's. I learned something that day.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.17082 seconds with 9 queries