Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman2420 View Post
Have made the decision to invest in technology. Looking to buy tablets for myself, the owner; the landscape designer; and my operations manager. Other crew leader will have smartphone. iPad or Android? I am also looking for software package that will incorporate design, work order management, and billing, etc. Presently using quick books
Posted via Mobile Device
Lets put the cart behind the horse. Find software that meets your needs the best and then decide what devices that software needs to run on. Ours only runs on android for example.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
We started using Hindsite software http://hindsitesoftware.com/ earlier this year. It is for scheduling, work orders in the field, and invoice/sales receipt uploads to QB. Absolutely love it!!! I have 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" tablets for us, plus I can use it on my Android based phone.
DM - is your business primarily sprinklers? We have 3 divisions (sprinkler, landscape and turf care) we need to schedule - sprinkler scheduling is the rock in our shoe right now. Currently using qxpress and have been looking into hindsite.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
DM - is your business primarily sprinklers? We have 3 divisions (sprinkler, landscape and turf care) we need to schedule - sprinkler scheduling is the rock in our shoe right now. Currently using qxpress and have been looking into hindsite.
Yes, 100% sprinkler maintenance, no installs. HS works like a charm. I used QX for a few years, and this is WAY better. Takes time to get used to it, and to set up all the services, parts, prices, etc. But I love it. Takes away most of the work in the office, for typing in all the invoices and sales receipts from the field. Very glad I switched.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

About time! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman2420 View Post
Have made the decision to invest in technology. Looking to buy tablets for myself, the owner; the landscape designer; and my operations manager. Other crew leader will have smartphone. iPad or Android? I am also looking for software package that will incorporate design, work order management, and billing, etc. Presently using quick books
Posted via Mobile Device
We did the same thing a couple years ago. We went with android as they are cheaper and If we beat one up in the field it won't be a $500 loss. Use Locqus for our software, free and easy to use!

Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
Have you made a switch at all?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
Have you made a switch at all?
Have not switched yet.

We are in the process of upgrading all of our hardware (server, workstations etc) and decided to wait until 1/15 to switch software.

The office is looking at hindsite, realgreen and evergreen. We may stay with QX if they can help get the sales tax problem with prepay letters fixed.