Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Yep, do the job or sit at home on the couch.

BTW Bully Dawg has created a tuner for the Tundras and most other Toyotas. They will make more power than the other big 3 now. Ours continue to impress us. They will hold they're own with any 3/4 ton out there. I upgraded the brakes to EBC for longevity.
Posted via Mobile Device
i will be a Tundra owner till death. it is a great truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
i ran short sleeves my first 4 years...long sleeve is better cause it keeps the sun off plus it retains sweat keeping you cooler.. pants are a must for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will only wear sweat wicking shirts because I sweat so much. Air conditioning in my truck is my way of cooling off. The sweat wicking shirts keep me the coolest because as the sweat evaporates it cools me down. This works for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
i ran short sleeves my first 4 years...long sleeve is better cause it keeps the sun off plus it retains sweat keeping you cooler.. pants are a must for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wore Nordics and Everlasts all season. 100% polyester. I don't know if it was the great ac in the truck, but they they cooled down real quick when you got in the cab.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I wore Nordics and Everlasts all season. 100% polyester. I don't know if it was the great ac in the truck, but they they cooled down real quick when you got in the cab.
Long sleeve or short sleeve, pants or shorts? I wear black Dickies pants during the winter and shirts during the summer. They seem the coolest to me and seem to hold up the best. I tend to wear red Champion polyester shirts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Shirts only sleeve length dependent on weather. I wear BDU pants everytime. They have a lighter weight for summer. I also have monogrammed hoodies for when it gets real cold.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello to everyone in the Tampa area,I started my lil lawn service in Jan. of this year,I went full time in June....well I gotta tell you that this is a true learning experience.I actually got up to 35 customers....I was happy until half started slow paying me and wanting me to do more for less.So here I am in November with only 8 good customers...lol,damn....my wife is looking at me hard now....maybe I should of not started this full time yet.Well now I have to wait till the season picks back up to search for customers I guess.....I am currently only going to service the Riverview ,Ruskin,Apollo Beach, Gibsonton area....but I'm not giving up...just being cautious. Good night everyone....time to eat PB & J for the winter....looking bad :-(
Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisdell's Lawn Serv. LLC View Post
Hello to everyone in the Tampa area,I started my lil lawn service in Jan. of this year,I went full time in June....well I gotta tell you that this is a true learning experience.I actually got up to 35 customers....I was happy until half started slow paying me and wanting me to do more for less.So here I am in November with only 8 good customers...lol,damn....my wife is looking at me hard now....maybe I should of not started this full time yet.Well now I have to wait till the season picks back up to search for customers I guess.....I am currently only going to service the Riverview ,Ruskin,Apollo Beach, Gibsonton area....but I'm not giving up...just being cautious. Good night everyone....time to eat PB & J for the winter....looking bad :-(
You can still pick up a few accounts this time of the year. Sorry to hear your story. Try to keep from going broke and try to keep your head up. Welcome to the site and to the business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you @ Sweetz....I'm ok...going back to driving trucks locally until the season come back in....still keeping my 8 customers also. I wish I knew someone in this area that can tell me the going rate for service because the people I approach frown when I say my price.....I think $35 per cut for a standard size yard front & back is too low they think it's too high....maybe I need to change my area...lol. But nevertheless thanks again.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one customer that I do per cut charges with. He tells me what week he can afford it (usually every 2 or 3 weeks), I tell him what day I'll be there, and he leaves $50 under the mat for me and the yard takes 40 minutes to an hour. All of my other accounts pay monthly. I have to have a regular income. I do extras like mulch, landscaping, pressure washing and lighting, but all of that is extra for most. I have a couple of full service accounts where those services are figured into the monthly bill. It takes time..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For clothes I wear Mountain Khaki shorts, Lowa Boots and Columbia long sleeve PFG shirts. It's a comfy, professional looking combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisdell's Lawn Serv. LLC View Post
I never had good luck in those areas. Parts of Apollo Beach have money but most of Apollo Beach, Gibsonton, Riverview and Ruskin are what I would consider to be lower income cookie cutter houses. I used to mow in Apollo beach and while I had some nice houses, the majority of the people out there weren't exactly the type willing to pay $140.00 a month for lawn services. I'm in the process of building my business back up (sold it a few years ago and got back in this year) and I don't plan on advertising in those areas. I'm focusing on higher end properties and clients that really care about having a nice looking lawn. Those people are willing to pay for it. $35 a cut is very fair for an average sized residential lot.