Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Garage Tool Storage Hooks

This might be a stupid question, but I find it even stupider that I can't come to conclusion to understand the theory behind this, so hopefully someone can give me an insight or better explanation, if so it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for some hooks to store a trimmer and edger in the garage.

I found these hooks at lowes, which seem to be the only hooks that I can find that are deep enough to go around the brace of my trimmer.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_319363-46-GA...oks&facetInfo=

After searching various links on the internet and reading the reviews on Lowes website, how come EVERY review and person says that you have to use a track system made by "this" brand to hang these hooks? It seems as if you could most definitely stick some large nails or drive some screws through the holes in the center to a studs behind the drywall? It just makes no sense go me and has aggitated me for the past few hours after reading reviews, blogs, and every other site about garage storage. Is it a sales gimmick or is there really some kind of loophole on these hooks that won't "allow" you to hang them without the track system?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bought some vinly coated hooks at lowes that screw into the wall, maybe $2 bucks a piece.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Just get these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...1#.UnOxm_kqN8E

Make a pilot hole and screw into the studs. HD has them in like 10 different sizes/styles and they make them to hold up to 150lbs I think. Lowes prob has the same type.

They work great... no gimmick, overpriced track system needed. I got everything on my garage on them including a wheelbarrow.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Like the others...... I used a rubberized hook that has a wood threading on the end.

I was lucky enough to have several sizes, one of which was the perfect size, and fits my Shindiawa perfectly. I just lift the trimmer up, fit the engine above the hook and set the unit in the hook, then lower the unit until the lower part of the engine fits into the hook.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you guys for the information. I went to Lowes and paid 9.00 for a pack of two hooks that had about 10" of depth. The ones I got we're a plenty deep, but a little two narrow to fit the trimmer and edger in between. I just bent them out a little bit, now it's working perfectly. Couldn't be any happier and makes the garage look nicer. Thanks to all of you!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...geOrganization