Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Big, heavy? That thing is designed to be carried by the rice farmer's wives. Most of them are not 6 foot tall and former members of the shot put team either. I am actually less tired at the end of the day using that rather than unrolling hose. Only reason why I would run the skid sprayer is to apply a 5 or 10 gallon mix to more than 2000 sq ft. 20 years ago, I remember spraying miles of hibiscus hedge. The sprayer I used back then was a Chapin 5 gallon stainless steel and brass backpack. Empty, it was about 20 lbs. I did that because the brass pump could take the pressure I wanted. I have blown plastic pumps trying to get enough spraying pressure out of them. I had 2 ceramic disc core nozzles mounted on a swivel to treat for mites. Now that was heavy, combined with the force needed to generate 50 psi. Every time you pump, that pushes down on the carrying straps. An engine drive backpack is well padded and it gets light very quickly when it is moving 1.8 GPM.

Haha point taken. I was just saying compared to a regular backpack sprayer this thing is huge. It does look like it has great straps and padding. Gonna be for lawn weeds almost exclusively. Shrub sprayer is a 50 gallon designated tank with 7 gpm "fat boy" delavan pump, 300 feet of 3/8 hose, teejet gun with rollover valve, one side zero degree nozzle the other a mister with dcer cone nozzles for shrubs.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

fl here did you get it from.. I looked around a few weeks ago and it seemed everybody had it on back order..
Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Solo 433 is discontinued. The Maruyama MS0741 is still for sale. I have word that two disasters struck Japan last month, an earthquake and a typhoon. I have no idea if those disasters affected the factory that makes Maruyama equipment.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
fl here did you get it from.. I looked around a few weeks ago and it seemed everybody had it on back order..

Your right Carl these things are not easy to find. I got mine here http://www.turfeagle.com/products/product332.html
$717 delivered

Then I got almost all the parts for the boom from dultmeir, trigger gun needs male input dultmeir only had female so I got the trigger valve from sprayer depot

You thinking of building one? Your z can do everything this does no?

Last edited by fl-landscapes; 11-03-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That pretty much looks like 2/3 of the Sagos in this area. I Local Ace hardwares have a Malathion/Oil in one bottle. I've got a customer who uses it just a few times a year and hers stay perfect.

Anyone tried Safari for cycad scale?
Very effective, foliar drench (8 - 10 grams per gln depending on severity of infestation & induce) have had good long term efficacy.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Your right Carl these things are not easy to find. I got mine here http://www.turfeagle.com/products/product332.html
$717 delivered

Then I got almost all the parts for the boom from dultmeir, trigger gun needs male input dultmeir only had female so I got the trigger valve from sprayer depot

You thinking of building one? Your z can do everything this does no?
yes my z can do it.. I added a different spray gun to the hose to spray my shrubs.. I do very little spot stuff.. If I spray anything I spray everything.if I spray one of my shrubs I will mix up enough to spray them all same thing with the yard I wont spot spray anything I will just blanket the whole yard. I sent my elec pack backs to ric almost a year ago.. I was thinking about getting one to use here or there but the more I think about it the more I think I will pass. I think it will end up sitting in the shed and I will only get it out here or there. so I will just get the z out and mix up what ever I need in that..one of those things you think you need it but its hard for me to justify buying one and using it a few times a yr..
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
yes my z can do it.. I added a different spray gun to the hose to spray my shrubs.. I do very little spot stuff.. If I spray anything I spray everything.if I spray one of my shrubs I will mix up enough to spray them all same thing with the yard I wont spot spray anything I will just blanket the whole yard. I sent my elec pack backs to ric almost a year ago.. I was thinking about getting one to use here or there but the more I think about it the more I think I will pass. I think it will end up sitting in the shed and I will only get it out here or there. so I will just get the z out and mix up what ever I need in that..one of those things you think you need it but its hard for me to justify buying one and using it a few times a yr..
I have a couple electrics too, they just don't put enough out for weed control unless you walk at a snails pace, plus no agitation. If you didn't have your z it would be a perfect tool. But you do so yes it probably would sit in the shed like you said.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Electrics also have limits on what you may apply with them. If you want them to last any length of time it is clear, water based solutions like RoundUp or Three Way amine only. Solvent based sprays or the wettable granule chemicals introduce a wear factor. Fl. I caught what you said about a Delavan pump for your shrub rig. For me, that would be run off of a Hypro D252 and a Honda Engine.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Electrics also have limits on what you may apply with them. If you want them to last any length of time it is clear, water based solutions like RoundUp or Three Way amine only. Solvent based sprays or the wettable granule chemicals introduce a wear factor. Fl. I caught what you said about a Delavan pump for your shrub rig. For me, that would be run off of a Hypro D252 and a Honda Engine.
Ideally that would be the way to go. I run my skid off a D30 and Honda engine (rittenhouse) but I have a box truck and couldn't have gas engines inside so I researched 12 volts for the shrub pump and found roof cleaners were using delavan fat boys and they held up to corrosion pretty well. I got the 100 psi 7 gpm which allows me plenty of pressure and flow to have agitation back into tank by adjusting two ball valves. I also use it to pump water from the nurse tank to the lawn tank. The battery is a deep cycle inside box next to pump hard wired to the truck alternator for charging. So far so good, time will tell how long it will last but it performs great. The D30 is mounted outside in an underbody lockable box and plumbed though the floor.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

7 GPM and 100 PSI is enough to route some flow for agitation and still have 100 at the end of the hose. Good set up.