Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what i was hoping. Its a popular setup, i figured it can't be that much of a dog
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

From what I have seen for sale, if this truck is anywhere near decent it is well worth the money.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Something to think about is if you could get a great deal, the hook could always be moved to a better truck down the road?
Old 11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good point Stuve.

I also don't have to marry this truck. I can sell it in 3 years for probably what I pay for it since I'll put on about 8k a year. Seems like a good value to jump into the hook arena without tying up $50k plus.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the hooks new on both of our trucks and will transfer them through 3 trucks before we consider replacement. These things are pretty much bullet proof as long as you keep up on maintenance, greasing daily, and don't put a cowboy of a driver in them. One thing to think about though if you intend to push the container rental is your downtime with the truck. Even the best of shops you will have at minimum a week of down time transferring a hoist from one truck to another.

Last edited by Krafty; 11-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I also wont be doing nearly as many swaps as you, at least for a few years unless the containers for my builder friends really takes off. What other maintenance is there? Hydro fluid and filter?
Not looking to push rentals since i have enough on my plate, but i will probably persue it a little more aggressively in winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I also wont be doing nearly as many swaps as you, at least for a few years unless the containers for my builder friends really takes off. What other maintenance is there? Hydro fluid and filter?
Not looking to push rentals since i have enough on my plate, but i will probably persue it a little more aggressively in winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
They are pretty simple. The galbreaths need hydro oil (45 gallons!!) and filters changed once a year, and I can't stress enough grease every day!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Will do.
I asked about gvwr in your thread but what do your trucks weigh empty with an average can on the back? Just trying to figure a realistic. payload. I think my truck would be slightly lighter with a smaller motor but close in general
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Good point Stuve.

I also don't have to marry this truck. I can sell it in 3 years for probably what I pay for it since I'll put on about 8k a year. Seems like a good value to jump into the hook arena without tying up $50k plus.
So far my experience with trucks has not been easy to flip them and usually lose money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
I bought the hooks new on both of our trucks and will transfer them through 3 trucks before we consider replacement. These things are pretty much bullet proof as long as you keep up on maintenance, greasing daily, and don't put a cowboy of a driver in them. One thing to think about though if you intend to push the container rental is your downtime with the truck. Even the best of shops you will have at minimum a week of down time transferring a hoist from one truck to another.
That's pretty cool to get three trucks worth of life. I did have that thought with the Kodiak that the box would be moved to another truck, so far everyone I've told that to has pooh-poohed that idea.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well the truck was hammered. Turns out those are the pics from when he bought it. Still hasnt relettered it. I offered 15 and i think thats high considering the condition. He hasnt received any other offers so the ball is in his court
Posted via Mobile Device