Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2013, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I will. Not sure if Ferris will be interested in a demo just for review purposes? Im lucky to have a dealer thats all for it but if he gets heat for this my demo's are done for. When I demoed the 2000 from the Ferris tent at Turf Depot's open house, they just kinda looked at me when I showed them the deck sway. My guess is not everyone at Ferris is on the same page.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hopefully you can find out where and how the problem originated, and what their plan is for remedying the situation.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Hopefully you can find out where and how the problem originated, and what their plan is for remedying the situation.
Y'all have been talking to Ferris the whole thread
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The dealer has got to catch a little heat after something like this. He'll understand that its not your fault. But he has got to get his QC in line. This will be nothing but a step in the right direction for him and everyone involved
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
The dealer has got to catch a little heat after something like this. He'll understand that its not your fault. But he has got to get his QC in line. This will be nothing but a step in the right direction for him and everyone involved
Posted via Mobile Device
It seems to me this should come from the factory adjusted correctly, why, or do you believe this is a dealer problem?
Old 11-03-2013, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Y'all have been talking to Ferris the whole thread
Posted via Mobile Device
It would have been nice if he/she introduced them-self.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Keep in mind its three dealers we are talking about and Ferris at an event.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ferris engineers are very impressed with themselves, with pride and ego being the price.
They are not interested in hearing from you when you tell them what's wrong with their machines.

I bought two brand new ones from them last year, after ALREADY having problems with the two I already was dealing with, and was told, "oh those are older models, all that has been revamped, you will be very happy with the new machines"

I'm still waiting for them to explain why one of the machines I bought from them is hysterically faster than the other. All I wanted to know what how I could adjust the other one to speed it up to the pace of the first one.

Ferris's direct response "I'm glad YOU have invented the perfect mower..."

Erm, dude, I DO expect them to either run at the same speed... OR at the very least the one with the larger engine and hydros to NOT be noticeably SLOWER!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It seems to me this should come from the factory adjusted correctly, why, or do you believe this is a dealer problem?
Because these are man made machines. Things happen. Its the dealer's responsibility to give a final stamp of approval to make sure the produced t is ready to roll. I check every machine and now with it before it leaves my store cause it may need final adjustments something small. Because if a customer drops $5000-15000 on a new mower, I know they want it right before it leaves. It just goes a long way for the dealers customer service. I do that for every brand we sell. Even all of our hand held. We find things wrong from every brand so we either correct them or grab another unit to keep my customers happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Because these are man made machines. Things happen. Its the dealer's responsibility to give a final stamp of approval to make sure the produced t is ready to roll. I check every machine and now with it before it leaves my store cause it may need final adjustments something small. Because if a customer drops $5000-15000 on a new mower, I know they want it right before it leaves. It just goes a long way for the dealers customer service. I do that for every brand we sell. Even all of our hand held. We find things wrong from every brand so we either correct them or grab another unit to keep my customers happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that speaks volumes for the dealership, and you can believe me when I say these type dealers seem to be few and far between.

You are the one that should know if this is a problem you've seen before. In other words have you ever seen a Ferris mower delivered to your business that the deck stabilizing rods were not tightened properly at the factory?

This is why on the production line in a factory everyone has a job, and it is their job to make sure their part of the assembly equation is handled properly. Where do you believe this breakdown is occurring? When you have given steps to follow, virtually all human error should be removed.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have never seen the push bars assembled incorrectly. If they were loose you would notice almost instantly whenever you mowed with it. The only time I've ever seen a ferris deck sway a lot was units with a lot of hours and just wore slap out. The things I nothice are smaller things like safety switch plugs ins loose or fuel gauges stuck where they won't read with fuel in the tank. Sometimes on the 1500Z's or 600/700Zs I've seen the tracking bars in the front loose and need tightning. or the deck chains un-level. I've had a few that had the 37DFI that wouldn't start out of the crate lol but the was Kawasaki issue. But the 61'' and smaller are pre-assembled at the factory. If you get a 72'' deck- the dealer has to install it and level it up.