Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I think that speaks volumes for the dealership, and you can believe me when I say these type dealers seem to be few and far between.

You are the one that should know if this is a problem you've seen before. In other words have you ever seen a Ferris mower delivered to your business that the deck stabilizing rods were not tightened properly at the factory?

This is why on the production line in a factory everyone has a job, and it is their job to make sure their part of the assembly equation is handled properly. Where do you believe this breakdown is occurring? When you have given steps to follow, virtually all human error should be removed.
It's in the assembly line- but I sell Ferris / Snapper Pro , Bobcat , Walker , Husqvarna, Snapper, ARIENS and they have all have improper assm. from the factory. Humans builds these things and everyone makes mistakes. And I get what your throwing down, I wish the assembly line was perfect also and never had to check over mowers before we sell them, but thats just not in the cards for any brand I imagine....
Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
It's in the assembly line- but I sell Ferris / Snapper Pro , Bobcat , Walker , Husqvarna, Snapper, ARIENS and they have all have improper assm. from the factory. Humans builds these things and everyone makes mistakes. And I get what your throwing down, I wish the assembly line was perfect also and never had to check over mowers before we sell them, but thats just not in the cards for any brand I imagine....
You sound like a great dealer, one of which anybody should be proud to call their own. You are paying attention to detail, something from my experience of dealing with large numbers of different type manufacturers over the years appears to be going the way of the dinosaur. The thing in this country now seems to be, build it fast, get it into the consumers hands, and his money into our bank account, if any problems arise we will worry about them as they come into existence.

I've always been of the belief you strive for perfection while knowing it may never be achieved, but by using this thought process it will keep you well ahead of problems which arise from only attempting to get by.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
You sound like a great dealer, one of which anybody should be proud to call their own. You are paying attention to detail, something from my experience of dealing with large numbers of different type manufacturers over the years appears to be going the way of the dinosaur. The thing in this country now seems to be, build it fast, get it into the consumers hands, and his money into our bank account, if any problems arise we will worry about them as they come into existence.

I've always been of the belief you strive for perfection while knowing it may never be achieved, but by using this thought process it will keep you well ahead of problems which arise from only attempting to get by.
We try extremely hard. We ain't perfect but we die trying to getting it right and keeping everyone happy. Not just satisfied. You can only get better. or someone else thats trying harder will steal your chickens lol