Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 09-23-2003, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Member

With all due respect....

I am mildly upset with your company.....I have read with great interest of your products, and have submitted my order. I have noticed an underlying theme in most of the questions being about backorders and delays. Now. I ask. Why is there always a backorder? Being in Buffalo, we don't have much time left in the mowing season...so I was hoping to get some use out of this rather moderately priced machine that I have purchased. What is the current wait time on my order and why? Brian Przybyl - Petals & Pines Landscaping
Old 09-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Sponsor

Please understand a major difference between us and all of the other companies you deal with:

We are the designer and manufacturer, and we sell direct to the end user. Most other companies go thru dealership chains, so products are not ordered and then resold - we actually manufacture our products. We also have very high standards of quality that any owner of our products will tell you about - and we refuse to comprimise this quality with sloppy speed.

This creates a difficulty when demand is so high that our production schedule did not allow for it. Eventhough the production schedule for this summer was increased from last year it was ALL SOLD by the end of May/Mid-June. So before all parts and labor could be organized a backlog occoured.

It was very difficult to tool up various production lines, and compensate for the demand. The demand was very sudden, not like any we have ever experienced. Spring/Summer is always a busy time for us but this year was extraordinary.

By end of July and we were all caught up with MAG-8000s there is no longer a long wait for one - they generally ship with in one week.

Balancers continue to be in heavy demand, and we are reducing the backlog quickly.

The MAG-9000 was caught up in Mid-August until LEESON did not ship our motors on time. So while we are were and are all ready to complete MAG-9000s we had no motors.

We just last Friday recieved the much awaited and late motors from LEESON. We ran a special weekend shift to get MAG-9000 sharpeners ready to ship early this week. But then during our testing of the motors we found a major fault - the spot welds that hold the foot plate on to the motor were VERY weak. We had no choice but to reject the shippment, because we could not send out motors that would have the potential to fall off their mounting bracket during use.

So we are now awaiting info from LEESON when we will recieve motors - we hope to ship MAG-9000s this and next week. We are leaning on them as much as we can to expedite the motors.

We greatly apologize for this long delay, but hope you appreciate our high standards of quality. We also hope you appreciate our open honesty - because most companies would not share this kind of information with customers.

We thank you for your business, we appreciate your patience.

*(note: Magna-Matic NEVER charges your credit card until we ship your order)

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 09-23-2003, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the reply

Thank you for the quick reply, I am sure I will be delighted with your quality product.....And I am sure I will spread the word amongst my affiliates.....However I still beg to ask one question......When is MY order going to ship?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Sponsor

Ah ... very sorry .. in my lengthy answer i missed the most important question.

As i mentioned we do not excatly know when we will get the motors back with the fault corrected, but the general feel from the LEESON rep is next week.

As soon as we can get the motors we can ship that day or the next - so i am trying to project that all backordered MAG-9000s will be shipped next week.

I will keep you posted in this THREAD of the status of this situation.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp