Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
... Applying a product that will increase the numbers of already present microbes I can understand. Applying more microbes to an area that can only support what is there already makes no sense to me. ...
That is exactly the case and the thing that is not accepted into discussion at all... We'll talk about whether it was observed in a microscope instead...
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
That is exactly the case and the thing that is not accepted into discussion at all... We'll talk about whether it was observed in a microscope instead...
Much like the other folks who have come and gone on this forum, it's time to say goodbye. This forum used to have plenty of good posters and good back and forth between LCO's. Now it's a forum for one person, who clearly lacks and understanding of what he posts and every thread is a repeat of the last one. The saddest part is when no one responds, the original poster responds to his own posts just to try and get the discussion going. It's like banging your head against the wall because a certain poster won't accept different ideas from his own.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was in no way trying to slam Holganix or start an argument here. I've never tried Holganix myself and wouldn't have a clue what to look for under a microscope other than for there to be something moving...hopefully.
I was merely applying common sense thoughts that I have had. Also, I've been interested in what others have to say about results with this and Sumagreen...a similar product.

...and yes Natty, There have been quite a few regulars drop out of sight from this forum over the last 2 or 3 years...It's really a shame. Some great knowledge not being shared. I can't hold a candle to most of you and have for the most part just observed.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Absolutely Ted. Holganix in my opinion is a product that will probably do a great job feeding microbes already in the soil. You can just smell the molasses. It is supposed to have living microbes in the jug. This is the way it is marketed.
Dusty Cedar and a bunch of us have used it according to their specs and have had terrible results because we have poor soils. But Holgainx dosent mention anything about soil types. It boasts it will improve your soil and rooting no matter what. It will even magically balance your ph.
I have spent countless hours topdressing our lawns and trying to sell it to stubborn customers. We are slowly gaining ground in the fight to feed the soil.
I seriously doubt small axe has used it, but I guess knowing everything about everything qualifies him to throw 2 cents in.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf&tree View Post
Absolutely Ted. Holganix in my opinion is a product that will probably do a great job feeding microbes already in the soil. You can just smell the molasses. It is supposed to have living microbes in the jug. This is the way it is marketed.
Dusty Cedar and a bunch of us have used it according to their specs and have had terrible results because we have poor soils. But Holgainx dosent mention anything about soil types. It boasts it will improve your soil and rooting no matter what. It will even magically balance your ph.
I have spent countless hours topdressing our lawns and trying to sell it to stubborn customers. We are slowly gaining ground in the fight to feed the soil.
I seriously doubt small axe has used it, but I guess knowing everything about everything qualifies him to throw 2 cents in.
Feeding the microbes in poor soils that have no food is the basic principle that applies to ALL such products... you finally realize that ,,, so good for you...
Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Feeding the microbes in poor soils that have no food is the basic principle that applies to ALL such products... you finally realize that ,,, so good for you...
Show me a soil with no food for microbial activity. By definition, that material would not classified as "soil".

soil - (i) The unconsolidated mineral or organic material on the immediate surface of the Earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants. (ii) The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the Earth that has been subjected to and shows effects of genetic and environmental factors of: climate (including water and temperature effects), and macro- and microorganisms, conditioned by relief, acting on parent material over a period of time. A product-soil differs from the material from which it is derived in many physical, chemical, biological, and morphological properties and characteristics..
http://soils.usda.gov/education/facts/soil.html

And then you finish your post with a condescending comment.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 11-04-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
Much like the other folks who have come and gone on this forum, it's time to say goodbye. This forum used to have plenty of good posters and good back and forth between LCO's. Now it's a forum for one person, who clearly lacks and understanding of what he posts and every thread is a repeat of the last one. The saddest part is when no one responds, the original poster responds to his own posts just to try and get the discussion going. It's like banging your head against the wall because a certain poster won't accept different ideas from his own.
I know how you feel Natty.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Show me a soil with no food for microbial activity. By definition, that material would not classified as "soil".

soil - (i) The unconsolidated mineral or organic material on the immediate surface of the Earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants. (ii) The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the Earth that has been subjected to and shows effects of genetic and environmental factors of: climate (including water and temperature effects), and macro- and microorganisms, conditioned by relief, acting on parent material over a period of time. A product-soil differs from the material from which it is derived in many physical, chemical, biological, and morphological properties and characteristics..
http://soils.usda.gov/education/facts/soil.html

And then you finish your post with a condescending comment.
Get real...
Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Get real...
What I am finding more and more humorous is how similar you are to your arch nemesis, Kiril.