Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Really Thank You for your thinking. Have to look into that aspect.
Thanks Again,

B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythons37 View Post
A GT tractor and a Swisher 44" wing mower might be in the cards for you. I would not pull the Swisher with a Lawn Tractor. I don't think the trans would hold up. On a Garden Tractor, it would. The Swisher is about 1700 and a good used Garden Tractor can be had for 1300. Maybe you can find a used Swisher. Your budget won't put you into a good enough Z turn. You might even be happy with a 54" Garden Tractor. The advantage with a Garden Tractor is all the attachments you can use with it. Like a grader blade to smooth things out and soften the ride.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Looked into what you said.

I Called a couple of tractor companies here, they said "No Way". Not even used, for the prices you said. Used, was to start 10K. They were 40 Horse.

So they said, the Zero Turn mower is is cheapest way.

But Thanks anyway.

B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythons37 View Post
A GT tractor and a Swisher 44" wing mower might be in the cards for you. I would not pull the Swisher with a Lawn Tractor. I don't think the trans would hold up. On a Garden Tractor, it would. The Swisher is about 1700 and a good used Garden Tractor can be had for 1300. Maybe you can find a used Swisher. Your budget won't put you into a good enough Z turn. You might even be happy with a 54" Garden Tractor. The advantage with a Garden Tractor is all the attachments you can use with it. Like a grader blade to smooth things out and soften the ride.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a budget, you're pushing it to make $3K happen, and that's the bottom line. I have a number of clients who are on SS, so I get that, as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Raptor and 52" deck, if you can swing it. The larger deck will cut down the amount of hours on the machine. And, you get a 3-year warranty. It'd be nice to get into a larger chassis for the smoother riding, larger diameter tires and the longevity the heavier build bring, but, that's not an option. Talk to your Hustler dealer about demoing a Raptor 52" on your property. Then, go from there. I don't think you can go wrong with this machine. Again, you have a budget.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Member

THANKs to ALL

I want to THANK ALL of you folks, for your time.

So I am going to do a LOT of Looking. Maybe I will find a nice mower, for

what I can afford. Till Then, Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving.

Again, I Really Thank You All for all of your time.

Bye for awhile,

B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
You have a budget, you're pushing it to make $3K happen, and that's the bottom line. I have a number of clients who are on SS, so I get that, as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Raptor and 52" deck, if you can swing it. The larger deck will cut down the amount of hours on the machine. And, you get a 3-year warranty. It'd be nice to get into a larger chassis for the smoother riding, larger diameter tires and the longevity the heavier build bring, but, that's not an option. Talk to your Hustler dealer about demoing a Raptor 52" on your property. Then, go from there. I don't think you can go wrong with this machine. Again, you have a budget.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Nottus --- Earlier this year, my former next door neighbor bought a new Hustler Raptor 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki engine and paid $3000 out-the-door (sales tax, setup and delivery included). He has a flat, one acre lot with very few trees. He absolutely loves the machine and, I must say, it does a wonderful job. He is fastidious about his lawn and, except during extremely hot weather (Maryland has had very little this year), he cuts his lawn at least twice a week. I haven't taken time to read your earlier comments, but if your needs are similar to my friend's the Raptor should be an excellent choice for you.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the Raptor will serve you well. After all, you are only doing your own lawn and it will only be you using it…it's not like you are going to be mowing 50 lawns a week with three different guys using the mower.

Good luck.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 11-07-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Pete

Yes, I too, like the Hustler Raptor. More in my price range.

Thanks,

B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete326 View Post
Nottus --- Earlier this year, my former next door neighbor bought a new Hustler Raptor 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki engine and paid $3000 out-the-door (sales tax, setup and delivery included). He has a flat, one acre lot with very few trees. He absolutely loves the machine and, I must say, it does a wonderful job. He is fastidious about his lawn and, except during extremely hot weather (Maryland has had very little this year), he cuts his lawn at least twice a week. I haven't taken time to read your earlier comments, but if your needs are similar to my friend's the Raptor should be an excellent choice for you.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Scott

Yes, it would be only mowing, and only in my yard.

It should last me, for as long as I need a mower, bar and real problems.

The warranty is good also.

Thanks Again Scott for your inputs.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
I think the Raptor will serve you well. After all, you are only doing your own lawn and it will only be you using it…it's not like you are going to be mowing 50 lawns a week with three different guys using the mower.

Good luck.