Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Tip: don't waste time flyering.
Posted via Mobile Device
How else can I advertise. Well its not a flyer. Its a brochure so I can get my name out there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

here it is. let me know what you guys think
Attached Images

Push mowers
5x10 trailer

All my stuff is used but its paid for
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedlawn View Post
here it is. let me know what you guys think
Paying someone to design your flyer is money well spent
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

- You should be using "suit", not "suite".
- I'd also recommend you sweep for punctuation issues.
- From a continuity standpoint, you vary between left-aligned and centered text. You can do both, you just didn't apply it uniformly (such as the text below the photo).
- Your contact form is in, what I assume to be, the center of the trifold. You're telling people to cut the middle out of your brochure. (Either way, I don't think you'll find too many people mail will mail that back to you, so it seems a bit "I don't know what else to put in here" filler.)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"Suite"is a hotel room with a living room
Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Suite...I didn't even pay attention to it. As I mentioned, this is my first draft and getting opinions. Center of the trifold was meant to be a fill in. Maybe I should put some more useful info in this area instead.

Other than grammatical errors is everything ok? I did this at 2 am. Should I go with a brochure style or a half page flyer? What works for better?

Thanks again.
Push mowers
5x10 trailer

Old 11-06-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedlawn View Post
Suite...I didn't even pay attention to it. As I mentioned, this is my first draft and getting opinions. Center of the trifold was meant to be a fill in. Maybe I should put some more useful info in this area instead.

Other than grammatical errors is everything ok? I did this at 2 am. Should I go with a brochure style or a half page flyer? What works for better?

Thanks again.
No

It looks like something I wouldn't pay any attention to. You have no attention or call to action. The blue back ground makes it very hard to read. Your fill out should be on the back page. Personally I wouldn't include that no one is going to do it

Paying a designer is worth the money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Tip: don't waste time flyering.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed - spend your time and effort getting involved in your community and making connections. Join a local board, chamber of commerce, volunteer for a good cause. The people who are replying to a flyer want the cheapest price.

"Licensed and insured" is the most overused content I see on marketing material in the green industry. These two things have become table stakes and don't really set you apart.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
Agreed - spend your time and effort getting involved in your community and making connections. Join a local board, chamber of commerce, volunteer for a good cause. The people who are replying to a flyer want the cheapest price.

"Licensed and insured" is the most overused content I see on marketing material in the green industry. These two things have become table stakes and don't really set you apart.
This is actually good to know. I would much rather meet face to face. I have been a volunteer medic in the community for 10 years and I should use this to my advantage.

As far as getting my name out of the community what would be the best way to approach some business accounts? I want to get an apt complex and maybe a c store chain.
Push mowers
5x10 trailer

Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is a trifold brochure, what are you putting on the other side??? Half of your brochure is blank. With a trifold brochure you have six panels to fill…three on one side of the page and three on the other side.

Personally, I don't like it at all. To me is screams, "look what I tried to do on my computer".

Put some money together for a marketing budget and get your marketing material professionally designed and printed…you will save time and money in the long run and you will have professional looking marketing materials to attract customers.

The whole purpose of marketing is to attract customers. Amateur quality marketing materials do exactly the opposite…they steer potential customers away.

If you haven't done it yet, spend some time writing down the content for your marketing material…Write a few paragraphs that describe your company and services and why people should choose you/your company. Is there something that separates you from the competition such as edging with an edger and not a trimmer turned on its side?

What message do you want to deliver with your marketing material? Low price will do anything for a buck…high end & expensive…average price/average work…etc. What's your message? Come up with some catch phrases that match your message…Professional lawn & yard care…your lawn deserves the best…etc.

These things will help your designer when he/she is creating your marketing material.

Lastly, I don't quite get the name of your company. I'm not trying to be harsh, just honest. I find the company name very confusing. I'm not even sure what the name of the company is, is it "Rescue Lawn Care" or is it "Rescued Lawn Care and Maintenance"? You have different names in different spots. You also use the word "I" to refer to yourself as a person instead of "we" to refer to the company…it should be "We have plans…" not "I have plans…" To me, "Rescued Lawn Care" means I should only use your company if my lawn needs to be "rescued". Since I know my lawn is in relatively good shape, I must not need your services…flyer, meet garbage can. I hope this helps.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110