Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Theft, need new backpack blower and trimmers

So unfortunately after 11+ years of mowing commercially, I had a theft. everything was unlocked, trailer, mower, racks etc. Left my Toro mower and trailer and just took my Redmax EBZ8001 blower and bcz2650s weed eater. I guess it's happened to everyone. I am now looking for some new stuff since I don't think I will have a chance of finding my stuff... It was also getting time to get a new weedeater/trimmer.

I've used echo, stihl, and redmax blowers in the past as well as weed eaters/trimmers. For the past 6 years though all we have been using if Redmax stuff though and I really like the setup of the redmax trimmers... Have had good luck with Redmax, besides my 8001 blower which locked up on me and had to get rebuilt.

I used to mow commercially all the time but now it's just on the side by myself. I live smack dab in the woods so when this time of the year comes around I have to do leaves about 5 times else it becomes impossible..

I've read some love/hate reviews about stihl stuff but have not personally used any of their stuff..I definitely need a BIG blower. I've been considering the following blowers.
Stihl BR600
Redmax EBZ8500

Maybe a redmax bcz2650 trimmer..

Just basically want some opinions since I've been out of the market on new stuff for the past 5 years.. Stuff has changed and I've heard a lot of this new crap is "crap"..

thanks Josh