Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJFENCE View Post
Yeah that's labor only. One tip for you, don't set all the posts and then try putting the rails in, we see people try and and then the rails don't fit, they're either to close together or spaced out too far. Put post, rail, post, rail, post etc..
Posted via Mobile Device
Being hardheaded as usual, I went with a auger and it was definetely worth it. Also instead of going post, rail, post, rail, I put all the posts in and made sure they would fit the 16' rail before I tamped them in for sure. The fence turned out great and if you want to see pictures look on my picture thread.
Echo Power Equip.

Working Hard.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio Lawn Care View Post
Being hardheaded as usual, I went with a auger and it was definetely worth it. Also instead of going post, rail, post, rail, I put all the posts in and made sure they would fit the 16' rail before I tamped them in for sure. The fence turned out great and if you want to see pictures look on my picture thread.
what works works.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Vecchio,

Looks good, I see one little tiny flaw but you would actually have to look to spot it. Other than that it's awesome. And I suggested post, rail, post, rail because I didn't realize you weren't using the posts with the holes but instead nailed them to the posts so sorry about the confusion. What auger did you use? Those things are good but sometimes a PIA. Great job!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Vecchio,

Looks good, I see one little tiny flaw but you would actually have to look to spot it. Other than that it's awesome. And I suggested post, rail, post, rail because I didn't realize you weren't using the posts with the holes but instead nailed them to the posts so sorry about the confusion. What auger did you use? Those things are good but sometimes a PIA. Great job!
Posted via Mobile Device
I think i know the flaw you see. Is it the one 4x4 that is shorter than the others? And i rented one from Home Depot. It was a two man auger with a 8" bit. It was a bit heavy for two people but it dug the holes with ease. Good thing i figured the rental into the job. Much less work that post hole digging all the holes.
Echo Power Equip.

Working Hard.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, that's the one lol but like I said, I had to look really hard for it. Man how I hate those Home Depot augers, I got a Little Beaver hydraulic one man auger, the reverse is great because I know the ones that Home Depot rents around me don't have it and its more than just a PIA to get out if it gets stuck.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, that's the one lol but like I said, I had to look really hard for it. Man how I hate those Home Depot augers, I got a Little Beaver hydraulic one man auger, the reverse is great because I know the ones that Home Depot rents around me don't have it and its more than just a PIA to get out if it gets stuck.
Yes, I asked the customer if it bothers them that the one is lower than the others and she said it is no problem. But yes not having a reverse a PITA. Driving back to home depot to take it back i saw a dingo with a hydro auger which looked so much more fun to operate. The other thing with the auger i rented, the exhaust went straight into my body when operating it from one side. It was extremely loud.
Echo Power Equip.

Working Hard.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio Lawn Care View Post
Yes, I asked the customer if it bothers them that the one is lower than the others and she said it is no problem. But yes not having a reverse a PITA. Driving back to home depot to take it back i saw a dingo with a hydro auger which looked so much more fun to operate. The other thing with the auger i rented, the exhaust went straight into my body when operating it from one side. It was extremely loud.

another problem with them is breaking your wrist because of a root. but most of them have a clutch system than will stop the spinning when the safety bar hits your body. not fool or accident proof though. I actually saw a young man go for a spin once around the auger. he had to take a week off because of a serious sprain.

burying the damn things is no fun either
Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcutter View Post
another problem with them is breaking your wrist because of a root. but most of them have a clutch system than will stop the spinning when the safety bar hits your body. not fool or accident proof though. I actually saw a young man go for a spin once around the auger. he had to take a week off because of a serious sprain.

burying the damn things is no fun either
Yeah the one we rented had a clutch on it. As long as you had enough common sense to stop the throttle when it got hung up you were fine. Ours ran straight through roots but rocks were another problem.
Echo Power Equip.

Working Hard.