Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
All I can add, would be to monitor the recharge, that counts, as well.
An eye on the pressure gauge should let you know whether the well is maintaining a constant level.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys I found sum numbers on my well from my inspection. With no flow registerd there was 61 psi of static pressure. At 2:45 at 5 psi there was 40gpm at 3:00 at 5 psi there was 40 gpm and at 3:15 at 6 psi there was 40 gpm and at 3:15 with gauge wide open and no pressure registerd there was 10.2 gpm I'm reading this directly off the home inspectors sheet does this tell me or for that matter you guys anything about the amount of pressure/ water I have and if it will be sufficient for an irragation system ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Run the well for at least two hours continuous, and restrict the discharge so you have 50 psi on the pressure gauge near the tank. You may have to spend some time getting a continuous flow at high pressure, as you adjust the discharge restriction. Once you get it running steady, with no cycling, log the pressure reading.

Once you get a steady continuous flow, then you do a bucket test. Do the bucket test more than once. A really high flow well has you replacing the bucket with a trashcan.

Go back and have another look at the pressure gauge. If your well's recharge rate is greater than your steady-state pump output, then the gauge reading doesn't change. If the pressure is dropping, then you are running the well down. Log the times and pressure readings.

All this gets you water supply numbers you can design with, along with the knowledge of how long you can run the sprinklers before you have to stop and let the well recharge.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

If you do, make sure the sprinkler heads are not pointing in areas that are going to waste water. Purchase a water sensor as well that will shut off your system when it senses rain.