Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-12-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Total Deck Width / Hustler Super Z 66in

I'm looking online at the hustler super z 66in deck . It states total deck width is 72 in but I'm guessing that's including the chute down . I need it to go on a 72in trailer but my main reason is my roll up door on my building is 71 inches . The dealer is about a hour away so I just can't swing by and measure . Any help would be great . Also I've been reading up on this mower and alot of good things has been said about it so if anybody has any input on this mower that would be appreciated.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that dimension has to be with the discharge chute down. There's only ~1" overhang on each side, past the blades. On the trim side you've got the airgap, deck thickness with reinforcing rib, and plastic bumper. The discharge side just has the airgap.

The oversight I see is trying to stick that much mower in a 6' trailer. You better measure your door opening to verify it's width. You're only giving yourself ~3" of play on each side, if the deck were only 66" (but, it's more like ~68"). I know I can't get my machine up the ramp and into my trailer that accurately. Furthermore, I'm not sure I'd want to even deal with another 6" of deck width in my trailer. I think 60" (~62" measured width on mine) will be about the max limit for your trailer's width.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose

Last edited by ducnut; 11-12-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Yeah, that dimension has to be with the discharge chute down. There's only ~1" overhang on each side, past the blades. On the trim side you've got the airgap, deck thickness with reinforcing rib, and plastic bumper. The discharge side just has the airgap.

The oversight I see is trying to stick that much mower in a 6' trailer. You better measure your door opening to verify it's width. You're only giving yourself ~3" of play on each side, if the deck were only 66" (but, it's more like ~68"). I know I can't get my machine up the ramp and into my trailer that accurately. Furthermore, I'm not sure I'd want to even deal with another 6" of deck width in my trailer. I think 60" (~62" measured width on mine) will be about the max limit for your trailer's width.
Thanks ducnut . I was just trying to get all I can without buying a new trailer and trying to find a new place to keep the mower .
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was looking at the X-One, I was also concerned about the overall width of the deck. The measurements listed on their website for the overall width didn't seem right. When I went to the dealer we put a tape measure to it and the deck was several inches less than what was listed on the website. On their website it says that the 60" deck has a width of 66". If memory serves, we got a measurement of approximately 62"…never did figure out where they got the other 4" from…it's not from the chute because the chute is much larger than 4". The 66" deck is probably about 68" without the chute. Call the dealer and ask them to put a tape measure to the deck because you need to get an accurate measurement before you can commit to taking the trip to their dealership to make the purchase.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
it's not from the chute because the chute is much larger than 4".
I thought it was, but, had mine off and a Power Chute installed from the beginning. The OEM chute is in the attic of my shop and didn't feel like climbing up there to measure it.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorohb View Post
I'm looking online at the hustler super z 66in deck . It states total deck width is 72 in but I'm guessing that's including the chute down . I need it to go on a 72in trailer but my main reason is my roll up door on my building is 71 inches . The dealer is about a hour away so I just can't swing by and measure . Any help would be great . Also I've been reading up on this mower and alot of good things has been said about it so if anybody has any input on this mower that would be appreciated.
My 66" Super Z deck measures 68", and I know this it be accurate.