Register free!

Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I understand that its not possible to put absolutely every possible susceptible weed on the label. But, that label is a good indicator of what economically important weeds may be controlled. With KRBS being such an economically important problem, it would stand to reason that if a product actually controlled it, the manufacturer would want to put that information on its label. If an economically important weed is not on a label, it may be a good assumption that a particular product won't have the desired effect on that weed.

The bottom line is that I see guys sink a lot of money and time into different witch's brews that don't give them much efficacy. Instead of sending someone down a rabbit hole chasing expensive options with little more than a prayer to use as evidence, I like to rely on solid evidence.

With all the scientists and resources that chemical manufacturers and universities have working on just this one particular issue, I don't think that many guys on this board are going to magically come across something effective that hasn't already been tried. And if it has been tried and is effective, do you think any of the manufacturers would miss the opportunity to sell it?
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda have to laugh a little since contrator says that if we do 6 apps a year we wouldn't have this problem. That would cost us about $3000 off our bottom line. At present he sprays in spring and we use dry fertilize the rest of the time. The good news is customer is happy but I have to ext4a mows which take about 8 each mow.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dat

Skipster: does DAT stand for days after treatment? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
Skipster: does DAT stand for days after treatment? Thanks in advance.
Yes that would make sense, I see it come back after use of Roundup on some small plots.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I sprayed a little area of KRBS yesterday using backpack Celsius plus MSO. It was about 70F so we will see. There was some broadleaf weeds so might see some effect on those.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, it looks like I will stick to glyphosate now while there is some remaining green and possibly a retreat in the spring for KRBS as needed. Of the glyphos, I have found that Kleen Up works the best for me. I will still highly suggest to my customers that the dead material be removed and SOD placed. I have so many customers who always want to seed, and I understand, but we will likely end up in the same situation "152 DAT."
Old 11-11-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I sprayed a little area of KRBS yesterday using backpack Celsius plus MSO. It was about 70F so we will see. There was some broadleaf weeds so might see some effect on those.
I checke d the areas today and to my surprise I had some browning onKRBS and about 60% kill on broad leaf weeds. Matter of fact the same media had KRBS treated a month earlier with 2 doses of MSMA at 90F and that area is now green with new little king ranch after second treatment it was straw brown so....
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

MSMA will top kill a number of weeds. Does not mean it goes down to the roots. SU and imidazoline compounds go down to the roots.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedManWeatherford View Post
Well, it looks like I will stick to glyphosate now while there is some remaining green and possibly a retreat in the spring for KRBS as needed. Of the glyphos, I have found that Kleen Up works the best for me. I will still highly suggest to my customers that the dead material be removed and SOD placed. I have so many customers who always want to seed, and I understand, but we will likely end up in the same situation "152 DAT."
Wellhere you go, seen this today at Wataburger. Definitely attacking KRBS with roundup. Bet he is hoping that bermuda goes dormant . May be the best way to, I willwatch it inspring.
Attached Images