Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I really enjoy your posts, and observing things through your eyes Thanks Tony
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll keep putting up pictures as they come along. Right now I'm on a 6 month job with a 100 ton rough terrain hydraulic rig. Maybe after this one I'll get back under a tower. I had a little time off before this gig started so I went to knock out my tower crane practical test. This job started a week earlier than expected, so I was going to try to test at the end of the first week instead of the end of the second, but 30+ MPH winds had other plans. I did get a couple good days in the seat of a tower so it wasn't a total loss. Will try to get my tower certification after this job.

Go hard, go fast, or go home

Last edited by Scag48; 11-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like only yesterday you were running your dad's 216 and 277 landscaping. Quite a rise (literally). Well done!

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Seems like only yesterday you were running your dad's 216 and 277 landscaping. Quite a rise (literally). Well done!
No joke there! Time sure flies. Those early days lit the fire in me and built a small foundation to get into the apprenticeship. I still think later in life I may fire up my own show, I was looking pretty hard at it this spring but this outfit I'm with now is a full career gig, I just don't want to go anywhere else. I have been very fortunate over the last (almost) 6 years since I went union. Things I've seen, been exposed to, and best of all are the people I've met. I have life-long friends and good buddies out of this gig, makes it all worth it. I still have a long way to go before I'm satisfied, keep chasing the top of the heap.

Last edited by Scag48; 11-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
This was my thoughts also.Time flys ask me how i know Scag enjoy and good luck.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey everyone, just thought I'd throw up some more pictures. Finished a 7 month job working with a 100 ton RT a couple weeks back and started a new job on a 40 story high rise. This job is very large, it covers a city block and there are 2, 40 story towers being built. Phase one is almost complete, they are on the 37th floor. My side is still working on parking garage so we have a long way left to go. We have 2 cranes on this job, one for each building. There is a 9 story plaza between the 2 buildings that is topped out and we use that area for material laydown and a place to land items that are passed from one crane to the other. My crane is 240 feet to the base of the tower which is well below ground level, so he's about 200 feet from street level. The crane on phase 1 was jumped for the final time 2 days ago, I can't remember the exact numbers but I believe his hook height is somewhere in the 475 foot range and total tower is pushing 525. I filled in for the bellman the last 2 days while he's on vacation on the big tower, lots of line in the air keeps things interesting!

First photo is taken from 9th floor plaza between both phases looking down on my side. Second photo is once again looking down at my side of the job but from the 37th floor of phase 1. Third photo is from 9th floor plaza looking up at the big hoss.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2014, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What is a bellman?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
What is a bellman?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bellman/rigger is my job title, industry term that refers to anyone who signals by radio and rigs loads under tower cranes.
Posted via Mobile Device