Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubota57 View Post
Guys didn't mean to cause any hard feelings on here, all of the replies have been very helpful didn't know about the rpm difference between the two blowers also didn't think about the smaller tube end causing the 8500 to raise the rpm's possibly making the engine run hot. But anyways that's the good thing about this site finding out everybodys opinion's that has been using this equipment compared to me that didn't know. Also this is a whole lot better than talking to dealer because they had know idea about my concerns. Thanks
No, no hard feelings here either. I know a lot of guys come here and read, then base their decision off of that info. I see it in youtube vidoe posts all the time. I just don't want someone to get the wrong impression or take something anyone here says at face value. Demo, demo, demo...........

It's the only way to find out for yourself/themself.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps you should take your own advice and demo the 580 next to the 570. Using it side by side next to somebody else does not a good demo make. Would certainly help others trying to make a decision from somebody whose actually spent time using both machines firsthand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 04:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Perhaps you should take your own advice and demo the 580 next to the 570. Using it side by side next to somebody else does not a good demo make. Would certainly help others trying to make a decision from somebody whose actually spent time using both machines firsthand.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're just being a obtuse now.

I've said over and over in this thread alone that I have ran both on the same debris at the same time several times over. I bought my 570 just about 2 years ago exactly this month- right when they first came out. The dealer had both the 570 and 580 in stock. He was the only dealer around me within 50 miles that stilll had a 570 to try. Every other dealer I called told me they still had one or two 580's left but couldn't keep the 570's on the shelf. Sales were so brisk for both models when they were announced that Husqvarna fell way behind in orders for several months. I got to demo them both on heavy, wet maple (it had rained the night before, so made for a great test) leaves on his place, and he had a ton of them. I demo'd the 8500 previously to that as well. I run next to an 8500 every week. I get to see what his will do on the same stuff as mine, and visa versa, especially in the fall. I've had plenty of exposure to both the RM and Husky versions of both working side by side.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Same thing around here..... 580 available at all my local dealers but not a 570 to be found.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like they dont sell a lot of them, or they would surely have them in stock to buy and surely theres not a lack of inventory. Most every Husky product I order is at my door in 2 days. Dealer I tried the 570 at near me says he always has both, however, unless you're in a hurry moving lots of leaves/debris and need/want the extra power of the 580, the 570 is a great all around blower. I would think theyd sell a lot of 570's and have them available to sell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 11-17-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Update

Dealer called and told me he was having a hard time getting a 8500 from his distributer due to them being out of stock. So checked with another dealer who carries husky and he showed me the 580 and thats all it took. I used it yesterday on my yard that hadnt been touched this fall due to some health problems and it had rained two days before, couldnt wait I guess. I had leaves piled over my head and the 580 walked right through them. The 580 is a little heavy but as powerful as it is and the conditions it was in you cant beat it. The dealer warned me about it having a lot of tork on the tubes when wide open but it was nothing compared to the shindiawa 630 I had before. As far as starting dealer told me to pump the bulb a few extra times and two pulls it was humming along. Thankyall again.