Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

My first couple of years in business, I did the rake, tarp, and bagging method. For the last 18 years, pretty much all my customer's leaves get mulched. I usually do 4 leaf mulchings per fall season per customer. The first three are not real thorough cleanups. By that, I mean we blow out the beds and around the house, driveway, sidewalks, curb, etc. but we don't go all out. Then we mulch the leave. I usually charge my regular customers double what I would charge to just mow. Then on the final cleanup of the season, we blow off roofs, clean out gutters, clean out the beds really well, and any other areas then we mulch the leaves and if need be after mulching we will run a bagger over the yard. Very seldom do we have to do the bagging step. I usually charge about 4x the price for a regular mowing and then I charge a fee for the roof and gutter cleaning. This model has worked very well for me over the years and the labor is very minimal compared to completely blowing a yard clean or bagging without mulching. I love leaves. They have proven to be very profitable for my company. I usually use snapper pros with a homemade mulch plug and a scag turf tiger with plug. No special blades. I have mulched leaves that were pushed up to waist deep and when done, they were gone..Oak leaves will usually be mulched and then run a bagger over them. This has worked for us for all these years and all my customers are extremely happy with this model.
Attached Images

2008 Yamaha 350 Grizzly
742 Bobcat
7x16 Enclosed Homesteader Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer double gates
(2) Snappers Pro 52" WB's
2012 Scag Turf Tiger
Whole bunch of weedeaters and blowers, etc.
[B]MainTainZ Property Services
Taking Care of What God Gave Us