Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Actually, just like with air compressors it's pretty much all in the CFM or air volume.
Air velocity is simply the end result of what happens when you force X cfm's through a tube, the more cfm's you push through, the faster it has to move... There's no way around it, you can't even make air move faster unless you push more through so once again we arrive at cfm's (or volume)... So ultimately you can focus pretty strictly on the cfm's alone.

Now...
I wonder if that's Shindaiwa's chart.
Because if it is, it's also pretty worthless.
That's not correct.

Using the same amount of force to do the work (the fan in the blower housing being driven by the same HP in the engine), you increase air speed by moving a given volume (or CFM) through a smaller orifice.

What counts then, is high CFM and high MPH in combination, and is why the 7500/570 is the most efficient and practical blower out today.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Nobody's built a Bp blower to beat the 580/8500 since it came but I'm looking forward to seeing it happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would like to see what could be next, but the Redmax rep and engineer that were at our spring open house told us that between size & weight limitations, and the stinking epa, it will be very difficult to go up any appreciable amount from what they have now.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post

What counts then, is high CFM and high MPH in combination, and is why the 7500/570 is the most efficient and practical blower out today.
Funny stuff for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Funny stuff for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Laugh all you want dude. You need to either get a life or grow up it seems

It's only because I'm right and you can't post anything to contradict the truth. A 580 would have been a hindrance today for what I just got done doing. The scouring ability of the 570 sure was nice to have. After two days of 35-50 MPH winds, we had so many sticks, branches, and crap down everywhere, that I'd still be out there trying to get it cleaned up with the 580.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend the $50-$80 and buy the most efficient they make. All this scouring you need to do sounds like you're cleaning bathrooms. You won't have that problem with more power.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

7500/570 vs 8500/580:

IFF both tubes are the same diameter/size and the mph is greater, then the cfm must ALSO be greater...it's just mathematics/physics. I'm still at a standstill about these factory numbers..................assuming that BOTH tubes are the same diameter. Is there a difference in the outlet diameter?

But, in the REAL world, I'm beyond ecstatic with my new RM 7500. While I'm still VERY curious about the 8500...I've learned how to get the most out of this 7500 after several tanks of fuel...and it is absolutely amazing, w/o a doubt. (Had my dealer had an 8500 on hand, I would have forked over the additional dinero in the blink of an eye. So, call it fate.)

FWIW: I removed the middle hard tube...so I now have the flexi tube with 1 piece of hard-tube...THEN the tube-nozzle-end. WOW is all I can say. Not sure IFF I changed anything, but it works better for me & my height this way in the long run.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo
Spend the $50-$80 and buy the most efficient they make. All this scouring you need to do sounds like you're cleaning bathrooms. You won't have that problem with more power.
Maybe you can get away with doing half ass work and your clients are dumb enough to accept it, but I can't get away with that here. I have to leave the lawn as clean as possible when I'm done. I've run both enough to kknow what's the most efficient blower out, and it isn't the 580 or else I'd be running it. the money sure isn't the issue.

Keep on posting nonsense. It's all you can do when you're wrong.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
IFF both tubes are the same diameter/size and the mph is greater, then the cfm must ALSO be greater...it's just mathematics/physics. I'm still at a standstill about these factory numbers..................assuming that BOTH tubes are the same diameter. Is there a difference in the outlet diameter?

But, in the REAL world, I'm beyond ecstatic with my new RM 7500. While I'm still VERY curious about the 8500...I've learned how to get the most out of this 7500 after several tanks of fuel...and it is absolutely amazing, w/o a doubt. (Had my dealer had an 8500 on hand, I would have forked over the additional dinero in the blink of an eye. So, call it fate.)

FWIW: I removed the middle hard tube...so I now have the flexi tube with 1 piece of hard-tube...THEN the tube-nozzle-end. WOW is all I can say. Not sure IFF I changed anything, but it works better for me & my height this way in the long run.
The tubes are the same diameter. The CFM doesn't have to be more. The fans are different in design is all, and the one in the 570 moves the air faster. In order for the 580/8500 to move a higher amount of air the fan is designed differently to compress more into the tube, but at slower velocity.

It sounds like yours came with the same amount of tube sections the 8500 does. Mine only comes with the flex tube, the center hard tube for the throttle handle, and the end tube with the tip.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Maybe you can get away with doing half ass work and your clients are dumb enough to accept it, but I can't get away with that here. I have to leave the lawn as clean as possible when I'm done. I've run both enough to kknow what's the most efficient blower out, and it isn't the 580 or else I'd be running it. the money sure isn't the issue.

Keep on posting nonsense. It's all you can do when you're wrong.
I'm not the only one posting it. Theres been many recent posts agreeing with the 580.

The 580 is just more powerful. Its why the cfm's are higher, why the cc's are higher, why you have to pony up the extra money, etc... Sorry, just the facts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not the only one posting it. Theres been many recent posts agreeing with the 580.

The 580 is just more powerful. Its why the cfm's are higher, why the cc's are higher, why you have to pony up the extra money, etc... Sorry, just the facts.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're still stuck in second gear bro. I have said repeatedly the 580 is more powerful. It has a larger engine. That larger engine is what costs more, and it sucks down more fuel, BUT.... it isn't enough of an advantage over the 570 to be worth the added fuel use, heavier weight, and extra cost, and it doesn't clean up the crap that most of us have to to get paid nearly as well, and them's the facts. More posts backing up what I am saying than what you are saying if you go back over the last two years here.

Also like I have posted several times now, the 580 has to run at its max rated speed to get its numbers. The 570 runs well below its max rated speed to get its numbers. That means the 570 will last better (all else being equal, like fuel and oil mix ratios, brand , etc). Also like I have posted several times, if having a bigger engine meant anything here, the 802 would eat both their lunches. It doesn't.