Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Smile Prostance 52" Review

Ok It's been a full year now on the new prostance 52". It now has 520 hours of run time on it. Over all I am very pleased with gravely and the prostance. I plan on replacing our entire fleet with only gravely equipment. The ProStance only has a few minor defects that need to be worked out. In no particular order
* Front Tires- they develop flat spots and thump when you start the day. Goes away after about an hour of mowing. Worse when its cold out. The dealer swapped the original ones once already but the new ones are just as bad.
* Safety switches - They stopped working. The wires worked their way out of the connections. Again dealer fixed this issue twice but again they all stopped working.
*Deck Foot pedal- Cool idea but not very useful since you have to manually release it every time you drop the operator platform. ( been told the new new model fixes this)
*Gas Cap leak- Cause has me beat... Dealer swapped out the cap. Stopped leaking for a day. My latest theory is its the angle of the filler neck... Thought it fuel splashes up and it is caught by the cap... Its a breather cap so if air gets out so does fuel. Maybe wrong but its what I'm going with for now.
* Operator Platform hits ground- Maybe its just us and our trailer set up but the tail end of the platform strikes the ground every time you load or unload. But than again it also digs in to the turf on some hills. I would like to see some kind of scalp wheel worked in the the end. Would fix that issue inexpensively.
* Height adjustment wont hold 3"- Its weird it drops to 2.75 ". Again I have no clue why. Everything looks ok. All the other heights work great. 3" and you mow 20' its at 2.75. weird.

The Good --
# Cut Quality--- Love it. Tall....Wet... Dry... Does not miss a beat. Only trick is to run gator blades on it.
# Float Deck-- So much easier than the 1st gen prostance with its fixed deck. Once you go float you won't want anything else.
#Wet Ground Performance--- Its unstoppable... well for the most part. My guys have only buried It twice. Trust me that speaks for itself.
# Parking Brake--- It works... all the time not like the tire grabber set up. You put park on it ain't moving.
#Hydro system---Smooth and responsive. The independent sides are a great idea.
#Operator Comfort-- huge pad and smooth ride. A lot more comfortable to run than the 1st gen. Only complaint is no cup holder and no good place to put old fertilizer posting signs.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the great review . Looks like you put it to work. Tough machine.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmauler View Post
Thanks for the great review . Looks like you put it to work. Tough machine.
We really do put our mowers to work. Its the only way they pay the bills. This mower is on 150 residential properties each week. Lots of starting and stopping. I dropped it off to the dealer yesterday to have the issues taken care of. Anybody in my area looking for a great dealer to work with its Kens Service and Sales. They always go above and beyond for me.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Random question for the folks at Gravely... Will the new updated operator platform fit on this machine?
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Sponsor

Gravely Pro-Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Random question for the folks at Gravely... Will the new updated operator platform fit on this machine?
NMS0219 - I didn't see where you mentioned the model number of your Pro-Stance. There is a platform kit to update the operator platform that will fit the following Pro-Stance models:

If you have any questions about this or the other updates, let me know.

Thanks for the plug for our dealer Ken's Service and Sales. We appreciate hearing that they are going above and beyond for you!

Mary Lyn
Old 11-20-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, I did not have a chance to get the model number yet as the mower is currently getting some warranty work at kens service and sales. As soon as I get it back I'll let you know. Thanks