Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have always been told that flash sites don't rank as good on google. i was looking at your site, it looks good. but i was looking at the images, and they are one on top of the other, so when you are scrolling through them its a bit awkward because the top half can't be seen good if you want to click on the next one. I use a slider type of script on mine. i think it works pretty good. http://www.sharplawnsturf.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Still up and running however someone had said NOT to use "flash" as it doesnt show up on some Ipod users Any thoughts on this? If not flash then just still photos ? I need to update pics bad as these were pics few years back in the beginning
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Still up and running however someone had said NOT to use "flash" as it doesnt show up on some Ipod users Any thoughts on this? If not flash then just still photos ? I need to update pics bad as these were pics few years back in the beginning
A.) You shouldn't tell people they need additional software to view something as basic as photos.
B.) Flash is no longer supported by many companies.

I'd recommend you look for an alternative to Flash. On my year old Android tablet and my 12 hour old Android phone (read: not Apple devices), I can't see your Flash content. On my iPad Air, I can't see your photos. Your page tells me to get a plug-in for it to work. If you look at your visitor data, you can build a solid idea of what percentage of your traffic can't see your Flash content. My last look at traffic, across a variety of lawn and landscape sites, had mobile traffic at just a tick under 30%. That's a lot of people to not show your content to.

There are plenty of slideshow gallery and lightbox scripts out there that only use various combinations of HTML5, CSS, and scripting.

Last edited by tonygreek; 11-21-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys I will talk with the web designer and see what she can do.. thanks for the feed back

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 11-22-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is one of the nicer sites I have seen and I like the name. Frankly if I were looking at websites for the services you provide it would sell me on your services. That is what it is all about anyway.

Nice colors, nice layout nice page arrangements and nice photo gallery.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
I think it is one of the nicer sites I have seen and I like the name. Frankly if I were looking at websites for the services you provide it would sell me on your services. That is what it is all about anyway.

Nice colors, nice layout nice page arrangements and nice photo gallery.
Thanks Bud...but with the new phones and stuff out there just need to keep up so folks can look at my site with ease and Im the same way when looking at sites if I cant see a pic witin a few moments...Im out

www.4daughterslandscape.com