Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah rvl, I pretty much decided to buy this machine due to all the positive reviews I've read (mostly on this excellent website ). The area I live and plan to work in, most yards are 1/4 - 1/2 acre, lots of fences. So I figure, I got the Honda 21" hydro and now the 36" V-Ride, I should be able to meet 99% of my first-year workload, no worries. The last major purchase will be a 6x10 enclosed trailer, and then that's it for equipment... for now...

I really feel that I made the right brand choice, and the right size choice for my needs

I'll bet that 52" rocks it!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I loved my 36 last year but I'm looking forward to mowing this year with the 52 a lot most of our yard around here are about the same size.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Member

V-ride

I just purchased a 61" V-Ride. 7395 before tax. Three years 0% interest
Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Sweet! V-Ride brotherhood! Lolz
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now the 48 is over 8k
Old 11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
Now the 48 is over 8k
Only paid $7600 for ours back in September of this year.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo View Post
Only paid $7600 for ours back in September of this year.
I got told $8100 today for one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
I got told $8100 today for one
Posted via Mobile Device
There was some fleet pricing program. Got mine from Steel City Mower and Plow in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I ended up buying a used 2012 61 V-ride and a 2011 61 Cheetah. I side discharged everything on both units after removing the flap and both machines worked great. I was even able to mow at high speed (16mph) on some properties that are not too uneven after middle of June.

For smaller properties I bought a new Scag 36 V-ride. That machine works well but I did notice that the tires are not wide enough so it does rut a bit when its wet and because I weigh 230# it tears on tight turns so I get off flip up the platform and walk behind it. I wish the tires were flatter and wider as the stock ones tend to be more roundish than what I see on similar Wright machines.

For fall cleanups I installed the hurricane mulch kit on my 61 V-ride and a Clamshell collection system on my Cheetah. I run over lawns one time with my V-ride (2x along beds where I blow out large concentrations of leaves) and then 1x time with the Cheetah sucking up leaves.

I went to a 1 acre property to do a leaf cleanup and there was a 3 -man crew already working next door when I got there. They were blowing leaves onto a tarp and loading them into a large covered dump like tree guys use to chip into. Then they had a guy with a 48" Wright with a metal side bagger mowing and collecting the straggler leaves. I was done in under 2 hours and those guys were still working next door when I left. One of the hispanic workers was looking at me with a dumbfounded look on his face as I smiled waved and drove away. FYI- I am a solo LCO.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4me View Post
I ended up buying a used 2012 61 V-ride and a 2011 61 Cheetah. I side discharged everything on both units after removing the flap and both machines worked great. I was even able to mow at high speed (16mph) on some properties that are not too uneven after middle of June.

For smaller properties I bought a new Scag 36 V-ride. That machine works well but I did notice that the tires are not wide enough so it does rut a bit when its wet and because I weigh 230# it tears on tight turns so I get off flip up the platform and walk behind it. I wish the tires were flatter and wider as the stock ones tend to be more roundish than what I see on similar Wright machines.

For fall cleanups I installed the hurricane mulch kit on my 61 V-ride and a Clamshell collection system on my Cheetah. I run over lawns one time with my V-ride (2x along beds where I blow out large concentrations of leaves) and then 1x time with the Cheetah sucking up leaves.

I went to a 1 acre property to do a leaf cleanup and there was a 3 -man crew already working next door when I got there. They were blowing leaves onto a tarp and loading them into a large covered dump like tree guys use to chip into. Then they had a guy with a 48" Wright with a metal side bagger mowing and collecting the straggler leaves. I was done in under 2 hours and those guys were still working next door when I left. One of the hispanic workers was looking at me with a dumbfounded look on his face as I smiled waved and drove away. FYI- I am a solo LCO.
Love the setup! What did you do with the leaves in the clamshell? How do you like the mulch system and clamshell?
Posted via Mobile Device