Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Uniforms

My father is a general contractor but has a lawn care division to his business. I just graduated college and am now becoming intricately involved. We are adding new uniforms and colors for the uniforms. I am curious as to what some of you use?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Uniforms

Gray work pants blue screen printed t shirt with company name
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Does the gray stain real bad? I was thinking khakis but I am worried about them showing stains real bad.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1901 View Post
My father is a general contractor but has a lawn care division to his business. I just graduated college and am now becoming intricately involved. We are adding new uniforms and colors for the uniforms. I am curious as to what some of you use?
Check out Duluth all there stuff has a life time guarantee. Know idea of your location but they have summer stuff to winter. that's all if a pair of pants gets a hole in then send them back and get a new pair in a week.

Training them early
Old 11-21-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

We require khaki pants and furnish forrest green polos and hoodies that we have embroidered. We order 100percent cotton jerzee brand on the polos from t-shirtwholesaler.com they cost about the same as t-shirts
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Check out Duluth all there stuff has a life time guarantee. Know idea of your location but they have summer stuff to winter. that's all if a pair of pants gets a hole in then send them back and get a new pair in a week.
I have 4 or 5 pair of the firehose shorts that Ive been wearing for the last 3 or 4 summers man they hold up well. The first pair I ever bought around 5 years ago just to try them finally started to fray... wonder if that's covered under their warranty? With "regular" shorts I would get maybe a season out of them, probably have to mend the inside of the pockets a few times each season due to my keys, knife etc poking holes in them. That doesn't happen with the Duluth firehose line. I don't mind my crew guys wearing shorts cause it's just too dang hot and humid here. Heat indexes of 110 to 120+ are very common in mid summer.
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemco View Post
I have 4 or 5 pair of the firehose shorts that Ive been wearing for the last 3 or 4 summers man they hold up well. The first pair I ever bought around 5 years ago just to try them finally started to fray... wonder if that's covered under their warranty? With "regular" shorts I would get maybe a season out of them, probably have to mend the inside of the pockets a few times each season due to my keys, knife etc poking holes in them. That doesn't happen with the Duluth firehose line. I don't mind my crew guys wearing shorts cause it's just too dang hot and humid here. Heat indexes of 110 to 120+ are very common in mid summer.
Yes its covered under their warranty i had a pair of pants do the same thing around the boot area they sent me a new pair. I burned a hole in a shirt they sent me a new shirt. www.DULUTHTRAIDING.COM get on their email and this time of the year they send out 20% off entire order. They have cloths for the heat and for the cold north. I am in southern GA I wear long sleeve shirts and long pants all year long.

Training them early

Last edited by Falcon50EX; 11-22-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Khaki shirts and forest green pants look sharp. As an alternate "Class B" work uniform, you can substitute khaki with dark green shirts if there is a concern about your guys looking dirty. I don't know what type of expense account you're working with. But you can look into one of the national uniform providers, that will launder and repair your uniforms on a weekly basis. Check out:

www.arrowuniform.com
www.cintas.com
www.unifirst.com
Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like Duluth, but MAN their expensive.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just can't imagine keeping khaki pants clean...as professional as it would look. I'm sure some guys do, but I have a hard time avoiding dirt...seems to be attracted to me...
Posted via Mobile Device