Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

prodiamine and the max rate.

I ran out of simazine today and had to swing by my local dealer. While i was in there the guys were talking about prodiamine rates for this spring. I said well whats your recommendation? He said he would go 1.15 lb/acre then 6 weeks later go another 1.15/ acre. Now i know you gotta go high for it to hurt your bermuda but man that seems high. Im not planning on doing that but it did get me curious. has anyone ever went total 2.30 lb/acre n a 7 week period? I mean thats a full year rate! 1. seems to be a waste. 2. that really is high i dont know if it would effect green up or not. and im talking bermuda lawns. Maybe he was confused but i dont know why you would go a yr rate in 2 shots. Thoughts? has anyone ever done this? whats your normal rate?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
I ran out of simazine today and had to swing by my local dealer. While i was in there the guys were talking about prodiamine rates for this spring. I said well whats your recommendation? He said he would go 1.15 lb/acre then 6 weeks later go another 1.15/ acre. Now i know you gotta go high for it to hurt your bermuda but man that seems high. Im not planning on doing that but it did get me curious. has anyone ever went total 2.30 lb/acre n a 7 week period? I mean thats a full year rate! 1. seems to be a waste. 2. that really is high i dont know if it would effect green up or not. and im talking bermuda lawns. Maybe he was confused but i dont know why you would go a yr rate in 2 shots. Thoughts? has anyone ever done this? whats your normal rate?
We have always ran .75 lbs p acre on the 65wdg. I can't remember what the rate is on the 4L.

Great results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

wesley, thats pretty much my plan for next yr. got my resolute today for next yr. stuff looks good and easy to mix.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used resolute 4fl in the spring. First round i used .27oz per 1k, 6 weeks later did the same. It worked great. So IMO while the higher rate you mention won't hurt, I probably won't go higher myself if i got results with those rates i used. The only crabgrass i saw this year was on yards that started late in the game. I used the lower rate because i was planning on using resolute in the fall as well this year and didn't want to go the max yearly rate on the first 2 apps. I ended up using dimension though this fall.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
We have always ran .75 lbs p acre on the 65wdg. I can't remember what the rate is on the 4L.

Great results.
Posted via Mobile Device
One app at .75 wdg for the year?

We do 1.25 lbs spread over a split app. 2/3 in round 1 and 1/3 in round 2. Had good results and few grassy weeds. wondered if decreasing the rate would give similar results.

Might try the 4l this year for. Icing purposes out of the zspray. Stayed away last year cause of a noticeable price difference.

Prodiamine works great for us and prevents most weeds. My biggest problem are sedges! Heard mixed results on oroducts available to prevent them. Price is a factor also. So I spot spray with prosedge over 2 rounds to suppress them.