Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2013, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what u all doing with all your time off?

Not that we are on eow what u locos doing with your extra time off? I got my maintenance done on my 1st week off .including truck maintenance. I did some extra landscape work but I basically need to get stuff done around house...before it gets hot and crazy again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

time off? hahahaha...I've gotten slammed the past month and have TONS of extras to get done....debt think there will be much downtime this winter...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

if this can even be called winter....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Once ALL the maintenance is done theres fall clean up, and i do fence repairs, deck staining etc... also work on your accounts and records so they are as accurate and precise as possible for next season. Not the kind of thing you want to worry about come April.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Cash up with work around the house, or honey dooooos this and do that. LOL
Old 11-22-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope some of you take a vacation and go somewhere that you enjoy. It is not all about work all the time. We work hard enough in the summer with battling the rain etc. we need to take some time and enjoy the fruits of are labor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I hope some of you take a vacation and go somewhere that you enjoy. It is not all about work all the time. We work hard enough in the summer with battling the rain etc. we need to take some time and enjoy the fruits of are labor.
Posted via Mobile Device
i actually took two vacations this summer. Had 4 days off for the 4th of July and 5 days off in September when i went to san Diego and so cal...im trying to grow my biz...not gonna turn away good work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Next week will actually be the first week with multiple days where I'm not mowing. Stuff that is irrigated is still growing at a rate that eow is not possible. I can't let them slide when the other guys don't. I cut two late today that were at 10 days and kind of cringed when I turned the corner and saw my two were the only two that hadn't been cut.

I've said it for several months, but this is the most humid year I ever remember. From about the second week of June right through now. It's been 68-72 and humid at night here the last few days, and a considerable amount of rain has fallen. I've seen a lot of fungus showing up in St Augustine this week. I don't ever recall seeing many one-day cold fronts either. But the last three have been that way. We have two coming now and both are now being revised to show winds out of the northeast. Nothing out of the northwest at all, which means these will likely be he same...colder for a day, the immediate temp moderation and humid.

So I'll have to do some commercial stuff tomorrow, do a landscape tear out on Monday, take Tuesday-Thursday off and do some work at my house, and be likely be right back cutting Friday, Saturday. Beyond that, who knows.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Next week will actually be the first week with multiple days where I'm not mowing. Stuff that is irrigated is still growing at a rate that eow is not possible. I can't let them slide when the other guys don't. I cut two late today that were at 10 days and kind of cringed when I turned the corner and saw my two were the only two that hadn't been cut.

I've said it for several months, but this is the most humid year I ever remember. From about the second week of June right through now. It's been 68-72 and humid at night here the last few days, and a considerable amount of rain has fallen. I've seen a lot of fungus showing up in St Augustine this week. I don't ever recall seeing many one-day cold fronts either. But the last three have been that way. We have two coming now and both are now being revised to show winds out of the northeast. Nothing out of the northwest at all, which means these will likely be he same...colder for a day, the immediate temp moderation and humid.

So I'll have to do some commercial stuff tomorrow, do a landscape tear out on Monday, take Tuesday-Thursday off and do some work at my house, and be likely be right back cutting Friday, Saturday. Beyond that, who knows.

Same here, had to double cut two yesterday @ EOW, could not believe how heavy they were and I will be working most of the weekend. Next week though it's family time, gonna leave the equipment parked.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought a rent house last year. Gutting it and rebuilding. I do a lot of everything so I never have a slow time.