Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I cut roughly 8 to 14 yards a day, about 3 day a week. I found on most of my yards my 52" turf tracer w/ velke is faster than my 54" John Deere zero turn. Speed is important to me but I don't compromise quality. I get behind if I can't keep up with school and work.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaylawns View Post
As solo I shoot for $400 a day. 5.5 days a week. My Average yard pays $30 to $40. I remember when I started out and billed $1500 a month I thought Yeah I made some dough! Now 13 years later when I can bill 8 to 10K in 30 days I say F Yeah! Now if I only had 2 or 3 trucks with crews running with that volume...hummm I'd drink Crown Royal instead of Kessler. lol
Yeah I hear you. This old man has learned over several years make more and work less.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My guy on the road does around 110 a week and drives over 1500 miles but its all utility work.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Member

i can usually bang ouit 10-25 depending on what time i decide to wake up lol. i have a super tight route so that help tremendously. i can hit in some areas 10 properties without moving the truck more then 2 bllocks.

now working on increasing the daily inttake and slowly weeding out the lesser customers, i would be happy with a 2 man crew off 115-135 properties

arolund 65 now solo
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this has already been answered like 100 times lol, but I only mow 3 yards and get done in about 4 hours, just started late summer, by the way. I only have 2 21's, and they're crap ones. Next summer, I figure I'll be able to mow 8-12 a day on 8 hour days, using a 36" wb or a 48" wb and a 30" toro or a 21" honda hrx. Too bad that weed eaters can't increase efficiency like a large mower can!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

How many lawns you can do is determined by 4 things. Your health, property size, proximity and size of mower. An out of shape person will have problems with speed.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKoester View Post
How many lawns you can do is determined by 4 things. Your health, property size, proximity and size of mower. An out of shape person will have problems with speed.
I like to add to that by saying you should know once you've mowed a few times, what your limit is. Plus it depends on the quality of job you do, do you not trim all the time if it looks all right or do you not cut places the customer won't notice, do stop to pick up trash and pull some of the noticeable weeds, if you cut corners, you can move a little faster, but if you take a little extra time it's generally worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaylawns View Post
As solo I shoot for $400 a day. 5.5 days a week. My Average yard pays $30 to $40. I remember when I started out and billed $1500 a month I thought Yeah I made some dough! Now 13 years later when I can bill 8 to 10K in 30 days I say F Yeah! Now if I only had 2 or 3 trucks with crews running with that volume...hummm I'd drink Crown Royal instead of Kessler. lol
hell yah! i started out the same way at 14 or 15. and am billing out about the same as you now also solo especially in the fall.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyways to answer the original posters question. I have a record of 15 lawns in one day and it was a long day probably 10 or 12 hours. and most lawns were 7000sq. ft. and a few are close to each other. and I was hauling ass. but to cut 20-30 lawns in a day solo they have to be close by and postage stamp lawns. honestly I wouldn't worry about how many someone else can cut in a day. I also cut with my 61" cheetah with a 34hp kohler, it's designed to get grass clippings out of the deck as fast as possible, its built for speed and it does that well and leaves a nice cut. my friend has 85 lawns he does and I only have 22 or something like that. and his average lawn is 25 dollars my average is 40 or 45 so he cuts 85 lawns to gross 8000 a month and i cut 22 or 23 to gross 4500. I'm solo and do everything myself he has one guy mowing and one guy trimming and it takes 4 days to do all the lawns, mine can be done in 2 days if i start around 7 and work until around 7. ususually i do them in 3 days unless i have a full week. i think it cost him with fuel in the truck and mower and paying 2 guys around 2000 a month to do his lawns. where it cost me under 500 a month to do my accounts. and yes i don't take a pay check yet or really any money from my lawns, all my bills are created from my business.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I count the time on a lawn from when I park to the time I drive away.

In another thread on fert APS a poster was claiming 5-10 per 10k lawn for fert....?

Yet in another thread another poster was claiming X # of flyers put out in a time frame a super hero could not do.

This reminds me of the thread where a poster was claiming getting $2k to aerate a lawn that was an acre.
Posted via Mobile Device