Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

28. referral. broke a very good sales psychological barrier today. not ahead of anything from the previous 5 years, but its a threshold I like to cross to let me know we are growing and not just maintaining or shrinking. I got a 3 house bid a few days back, but on the same property, main house, guest house and pool/relaxing house. I counted it as one. but I lost a client this year that was his house, his ex-wifes house, and his girlfriends house. seperate properties. I counted that as 3.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

29. postcard. tired. still have a lot to do before thanksgiving. but for the first time I think we might actually get it done. got over a hump today of just feeling like we had too much to do. need another few days of good weather then I can relax.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

#30 yesterday. postcard. 4th new one in that neighborhood. 3 from postcards, one from graphics on trucks while there. need to get graphics on more trucks. hoping for #31 this afternoon.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think I'm at number #8. I don't think I'm going to advertise any more before the November 10-15th time frame. It seems like prior to that the percentage of tire kickers you get is just way too high here in Texas. The last week has had a lot of phone traffic. I'm going to be interested to see how much of a final stretch rush I get this year of people who are slow to jump off the fence.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm at 13. Did every bit of my advertising on November 15th. By Saturday the 16th I had 7 appointments scheduled. Sold a nice job in a new area and might EDDM the area with 2000 post cards tomorrow to see if I can snag a couple jobs out of the new area. I'm fairly happy with the year. Do have about 15 proposals in the file that I either got a no on or haven't heard back yet. Guess you can win them all. Met with a couple yesterday on a job and she was ready to sign and write a deposit because she wanted installed on Wednesday. Her husband said let's sleep on it which is fine. I told him I had a few more proposals to give later in the afternoon so couldn't hold the day if others requested it. He got up and said well that's a pressure sell and told me thanks for the proposal. Not sure of I will hear from them again. Kinda ticked me off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

23,24,25 today. referral, referral, old customer returning.
Tired
Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

31 today. good one. postcard. but really, a job I bid last year and still had multiple bids this year to compete with. but she also wants landscape lights in the spring, so I did a master timer setup with 4 breakers, outlets and 4 pole contactor. 3 for Christmas lights and one for landscape lights. lots of mini lights. really glad to have my daughter and her friend on mini light duty this year.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

#15 this morning.

The rain has installation shut down. The temperature has been in the 30's all day. That's very cold for us this time of the year. I'm usually installing in shorts and sweating like crazy. I don't know how you Northern guys do it in the cold. The forecast is 80% rain tomorrow, but clearing tomorrow night. Hopefully we get back on schedule quick.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

32, 33 today, or rather , yesterday since it is after midnight. postcard, referral. rain killed us early in the month, lost 6 days in 2 weeks. could not make it up. was too easy on guys the last week of October and first 2 weeks of November. was too hard on them last week. will never make that same mistake again. just gently pushing all month long, 40-50 hours and let them get some rest. we finally caught up enough on Saturday that I finally know where we truly stand on install schedule. we are booked pretty much through tuesday next week. I am selling about 1-2 a day and the guys can do 4-6, so they will catch me by next Thursday or so. If you call Dec 10th the last selling day, then we have 14 days of selling left if you take thanksgiving off. which I don't sell on thanksgiving, but I have gotten up crazy early to fix stuff between 4am and 8am while folks are sleeping. and maybe do a little paperwork. but a day off mostly.

Last edited by David Gretzmier; 11-26-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Dave I don't know how you do it! We're at 22 new customers. And this RAIN is killing us!!! It has been horrible weather since last Friday. We also made the mistake of being too easy on our guys the 1st two weeks of November. But we usually never have this kind of weather 'til late December / January. My 1st available install date is now Dec 12th...allowing time to catch up from the rain...so that is affecting sales. And customers that were promised before Thanksgiving are going to be upset...phone calls are starting to come in. UGH!!! Not fun!!