Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-20-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundskeeperllc View Post
I went by a dealer today and looked at the new 700 series, he had 75 of them in stock. I got to drive the 60" model around the parking lot and was very impressed.
[
Posted via Mobile Device
Were the hydro`s smooth? Im holding out on purchasing a new ZTM. Im bringing home a gravely pro turn 452 Friday.I really want to see how the QOC is with this new Kubota.I didn't get to drive one but I set on it and it really is a comfortable mower.Seat and armrest feel really good even without suspension.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb007 View Post
Were the hydro`s smooth? Im holding out on purchasing a new ZTM. Im bringing home a gravely pro turn 452 Friday.I really want to see how the QOC is with this new Kubota.I didn't get to drive one but I set on it and it really is a comfortable mower.Seat and armrest feel really good even without suspension.
Yes, the controls were very smooth and not jumpy. They are very comfortable to use, not all stiff like the 200 and 300 series.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, the controls were very smooth and not jumpy. They are very comfortable to use, not all stiff like the 200 and 300 series.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was thinking what you meant by stiff. Then I remembered that the shocks use to work. Anyways if you think its to stiff take it off, then your flop the sticks around with no resistance haha.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
example the kholer 747cc efi use to be 29hp and 44ft lbs of torque. The new 749cc efi is 26.5hp and 40.9 ft lbs
The engine on the 54 inch cut is only 23.5 hp and 38.4 ft lbs torque.Im guessing the old rating would be 26-27 hp and 40+ ft lbs of torque.The numbers don't really concern me as long as it don't bog the engine with the bagger system.I really like the gravely pro turn 452 with the big efi engine.demoed one all day yesterday,ride quality and QOC is amazing.demoing the Kubota Z724 next week.The discharge chute on the 54 deck is 16 inches.cant wait to see how this thing does.. not to thrilled about the solid platform seat though..needs suspension im guessing to match the gravely air ride or the eXmark suspension ride quality.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb007 View Post
The engine on the 54 inch cut is only 23.5 hp and 38.4 ft lbs torque.Im guessing the old rating would be 26-27 hp and 40+ ft lbs of torque.The numbers don't really concern me as long as it don't bog the engine with the bagger system.I really like the gravely pro turn 452 with the big efi engine.demoed one all day yesterday,ride quality and QOC is amazing.demoing the Kubota Z724 next week.The discharge chute on the 54 deck is 16 inches.cant wait to see how this thing does.. not to thrilled about the solid platform seat though..needs suspension im guessing to match the gravely air ride or the eXmark suspension ride quality.
I don't get why that didn't do suspension........
Old 11-24-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I used one weeks ago was very impressed with the mower I dont like loosing wet clutch and shaft drive to deck or being a verticle shaft engine. But the pros are lower center of gravity lighter weight they will hold hills much better and they are much cheaper these mowers are going to cost us 7200. Each with 60" decks. The dealer says kubota engineers worked hard to copy xmark and these are kubotas answer to xmark pricing themselves out of the market. Happy to let you guys know how they cut in march only buying two for now with kawasaki engines
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Here it is guys the new kubota commercial gas mower to compete with everything in their gap they had http://www.kubota.com/product/Z700/Z700.aspx I like it, its going ride rough as heck though.
Ride is nice not rough at all rides like zds or zgs
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle Tennessee Lawn View Post
I used one weeks ago was very impressed with the mower I dont like loosing wet clutch and shaft drive to deck or being a verticle shaft engine. But the pros are lower center of gravity lighter weight they will hold hills much better and they are much cheaper these mowers are going to cost us 7200. Each with 60" decks. The dealer says kubota engineers worked hard to copy xmark and these are kubotas answer to xmark pricing themselves out of the market. Happy to let you guys know how they cut in march only buying two for now with kawasaki engines
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't believe they come with Kawasaki engines, they only come with Kohler's from what I can see. They dealer I went to had 75 of them lined up and they were all Kohler. The brochure online only says Kohler too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle Tennessee Lawn View Post
Ride is nice not rough at all rides like zds or zgs
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a hard time believing that unless you drove a 300 series with the front axle locked. The 200 and 100 ride stiff as a board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I don't believe they come with Kawasaki engines, they only come with Kohler's from what I can see. They dealer I went to had 75 of them lined up and they were all Kohler. The brochure online only says Kohler too.
Posted via Mobile Device
No Kawasaki available for the z700 that im aware of.Im guessing there will be more engine options in the future as I was told everything will have to be EFI by 2015 (EPA) The gravely I demoed was the 29hp efi ran and started flawlessly.loved it!
Suspension will be available for the seat,Deck lift is the easiest ive tried,you could lift it with one hand.