Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is Pro Landscape's latest edition any better with color renderings?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
Of the two, Dynascape has a better output and seems overall like a more professional program. ProLandscape doesn't impress me, and I'm not going to take any program seriously that doesn't offer a free evaluation version.
I bought prolanscape several years ago and chose it over dynascape because the learning curve was not as great...previously owned vectorworks, which offered little help you didn't have to pay for...they, vectorworks, taught concepts and general usage, but didn't adress specifically landscape design, like scaling a plot plan etc..
I was impressed with dynascape and would have bought, but the sales rep told me there was no kind of 30 day money back guarantee...or way to try it before you buy it...maybe has changed now...also looked at dynascape because they were developing a scheduling program to work with their other software...all their stuff looks very polished.

Prolandscape is very powerful, maybe not as polished and some functionality was spotty such as plant databases, plant symbols and difficulty with variius small details like adding a fence or road, asphalt. Product support was excellent in my view...
Prolandscape also has started to add irrigation layout and design...they need to add pressure loss, pipe sizing etc...like raincad
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 11-23-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dynascape is great. Or at lease it used to be until the geniuses who run it decided to start charging $50 per month to use it on top of the $2K or so that it cost to purchase. You don't pay the monthly fee and they deactivate your software. Pretty chicken$hit tactic for a company that charges what they do for the software.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Dynascape is great. Or at lease it used to be until the geniuses who run it decided to start charging $50 per month to use it on top of the $2K or so that it cost to purchase. You don't pay the monthly fee and they deactivate your software. Pretty chicken$hit tactic for a company that charges what they do for the software.
That's really the main thing holding me back. I don't want to pay $500 plus a year on top of the purchase price.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
That's really the main thing holding me back. I don't want to pay $500 plus a year on top of the purchase price.
Yep. I was pissed because I didn't realize that it was a mandatory thing when I upgraded. I had owned a previous version of Dynascape for years and upgraded for various reasons. Either I just completely missed it or it wasn't really spelled out very well on their website when I purchased the latest version. About a month after I upgraded my CC number was been stolen and before I could update it with Dynsacape my software got locked down because they couldn't bill for the monthly fee. I let they guy on the other end of the phone at Dynascape know exactly what I thought about their monthly fee and he didn't really seem to care. For the kind of coin that they want I can buy an AutoCad license!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I have looked at both and had chosen Dynascape right before they changed to the subscription model. I ended up cancelling the purchase for the same reason as the gentlemen above. Hopefully they revert back to their old model. It is very nice software.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Most all these guys are moving toward thr monthly charge model...it pays for support...I hateIit...paying 2k then paying a monthly fee to ask questions and get your software fixed...also to give them valuable input
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me