Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

New permagreen synergy volt sprayer

At Gie permagreen had their new synergy drop in sprayer that fits a standard lesco spreader. I dont have the exact specs in front of me right now but it covers just under 10k sq ft per fill and is battery operated instead of the old wheel driven pump on the old models. It sprays 200-250k ft sq before the battery hits 70%. You just walk and push a handlebar mounted button to spray as your spreading. It also has a hose and nozzle that you simply turn a knob and it switches from broadcast spray to the hose. The hose would be great for spot spraying and also getting those small intricate areas you miss while blanket spraying. This would be a way more efficient way for new guys to get started spraying! Youre walking the yard once at normal pace and your done. No more spreading and then dragging out the back pack and SLOWLY spraying weeds (geez it takes forever to do it that way)
This has been my first year doing apps and i bought a used permagreen but for the few accounts i have now ill probably just sell it and get one of these until i have the accounts to justify it. Just thought i would share this for the new guys. I know there are alot of options for getting into apps like backpacks, push spray only units, sprayers that drop in your spreader but you cant have fert in them (what a pain.) this is the only one ive found that allows you to spread and spray at the same time and its hundreds less than somebof the other options. Its supposed to be ready for sale before spring 2014 for around $500.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a synergy when I first started and was paranoid about the low volume with pre and went over every yard twice. you wanna talk about whipped. cool they came out with this new deal. the synergy was ok but had lots and lots of issues clogging and wheel slipping a lot. didn't do well in wet grass at all. hopefully this ones better for the new guys starting out
Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't that be heavy to push full of liquid and dry product? Does anyone make a quality motorized spreader that isn't a ride on?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnForceOne View Post
At Gie permagreen had their new synergy drop in sprayer that fits a standard lesco spreader. I dont have the exact specs in front of me right now but it covers just under 10k sq ft per fill and is battery operated instead of the old wheel driven pump on the old models. It sprays 200-250k ft sq before the battery hits 70%. You just walk and push a handlebar mounted button to spray as your spreading. It also has a hose and nozzle that you simply turn a knob and it switches from broadcast spray to the hose. The hose would be great for spot spraying and also getting those small intricate areas you miss while blanket spraying. This would be a way more efficient way for new guys to get started spraying! Youre walking the yard once at normal pace and your done. No more spreading and then dragging out the back pack and SLOWLY spraying weeds (geez it takes forever to do it that way)
This has been my first year doing apps and i bought a used permagreen but for the few accounts i have now ill probably just sell it and get one of these until i have the accounts to justify it. Just thought i would share this for the new guys. I know there are alot of options for getting into apps like backpacks, push spray only units, sprayers that drop in your spreader but you cant have fert in them (what a pain.) this is the only one ive found that allows you to spread and spray at the same time and its hundreds less than somebof the other options. Its supposed to be ready for sale before spring 2014 for around $500.
Posted via Mobile Device
Is there a link to the product? I'm in the "entry level boat" and have a little over a dozen customers, but not enough to justify a dedicated ride on or skid. I am in the process of working on a backpack sprayer with a handheld boom, but this could be great too...
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Is there a link to the product? I'm in the "entry level boat" and have a little over a dozen customers, but not enough to justify a dedicated ride on or skid. I am in the process of working on a backpack sprayer with a handheld boom, but this could be great too...
Theres no link on their website yet but they said it will be for sale before spring. Im definitely entry level and i think im gonna get one in the spring and sell my ride on (its awesome but for the 10 accounts I currently have its OVERKILL and one more engine/machine to worry about)

The tank holds 2 1/2 gallons and leaves enough room for 50lbs of fert. 2 1/2 gallons of water is around 20 lbs plus whatever the small tank and battery weighs it should br about the same weight as a full spreader of fert.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't replace a ride on machine with this thing. Especially if you plan on growing. Just my opinion, but if the ride on is paid off then its free labor so to speak..
Old 11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

PG's website does not have the new electric one on there yet. Figures, their website is archaic.
I may be interested in this, to work some very small lawns. Any way I can get away from using the heavy electric backpack would be a plus. Man when its hot out, I hate slinging that thing on my back.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 11-26-2013, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got an email from the company. They state it will be around $500. It will spray roughly up to 9' wide. It is not designed for wettable powders, more water soluble type.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cool, thanks
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the gregson clark spreader mate and it is difficult to maneuver in a lesco spreader around any property when it is more than half full. It is bigger and holds more than the synergy but even half full it can be frustrating. The biggest problem is every dip you hit the whole thing wants to tip over to the front. It's easy to happen because you are not braced to keep it balanced because all of your weight is being used to push the spreader across the yard.
My 2 cents when using in a push spreader. If you have a ride on spreader than it would probably be pretty decent.