Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-02-2013, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Season's winding down for us, i told my crew we got 4 more weeks and were pretty much done for the year unless it snow's, just waiting for the leaves to fall for final leaf cleanups. The leaf vac loader is helping us go through leaves fast it's crazy should have bought one 10 years ago.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

That town house is by the hospital area? I know where that is. Looks nice.

Dude I am far from done - I still have people scheduling landscapes with me and lots of cleanups coming my way.
I am starting to wish I would have gotten a leaf loader this year. I should have checked McCoys, I just couldnt swing the 6grand for the giant vac/scag.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
That town house is by the hospital area? I know where that is. Looks nice.

Dude I am far from done - I still have people scheduling landscapes with me and lots of cleanups coming my way.
I am starting to wish I would have gotten a leaf loader this year. I should have checked McCoys, I just couldnt swing the 6grand for the giant vac/scag.
Thanks man! Glad your still busy.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a couple pics from a small grading job with a load of fill around these new walks and there was a huge dip in the yard I filled in at a flip house. I add topsoil and seed in the spring. It's getting to cold to seed now.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I am definitely going to buy a debri loader, either before the end of the fiscal or for Spring next year.

I got a question for you though, I am thinking of doing the same setup - dump insert with the debri loader behind.
How did it work out for you?

I am thinking of getting the poly insert with the the extended side panels and roll tarp, hoping I can more it work. It is a 8ft bed, and with the side extensions that add 24" or something in depth to the bed, I think it should be enough until I can grow into something bigger. I see your setup is similar, so I am curious to see how you like it.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I am definitely going to buy a debri loader, either before the end of the fiscal or for Spring next year.

I got a question for you though, I am thinking of doing the same setup - dump insert with the debri loader behind.
How did it work out for you?

I am thinking of getting the poly insert with the the extended side panels and roll tarp, hoping I can more it work. It is a 8ft bed, and with the side extensions that add 24" or something in depth to the bed, I think it should be enough until I can grow into something bigger. I see your setup is similar, so I am curious to see how you like it.
I like the setup for now, it would be nicer to have a bigger dump bed for sure but this setup works for now, better than the old way we did it before the loader. I got a custom tarp made just recently with a heavy mesh top so it lets the air out and helps out alot from keeping the leaves flying everywhere. The loader is very heavy to load on the back of the tailgate but we usually run a second pickup and pull under it when we are ready to dump and we don't have to lift up and down as much so that helps. This snow really screwed up our last week of cleanups, so I'm hoping to get back on track and finish next week. Hopefully we get through all our snow work in the next 2 days.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
I like the setup for now, it would be nicer to have a bigger dump bed for sure but this setup works for now, better than the old way we did it before the loader. I got a custom tarp made just recently with a heavy mesh top so it lets the air out and helps out alot from keeping the leaves flying everywhere. The loader is very heavy to load on the back of the tailgate but we usually run a second pickup and pull under it when we are ready to dump and we don't have to lift up and down as much so that helps. This snow really screwed up our last week of cleanups, so I'm hoping to get back on track and finish next week. Hopefully we get through all our snow work in the next 2 days.
I hear you, I have 3 big cleanups left to do - I am hoping we get a break so I can go do them. I don't do much snow, few residentials.

Thanks for the input on the loader
It has to be better than what im doing, bagging and hand dumping in the truck bed bag after bag.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 11-27-2013, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I hear you, I have 3 big cleanups left to do - I am hoping we get a break so I can go do them. I don't do much snow, few residentials.

Thanks for the input on the loader
It has to be better than what im doing, bagging and hand dumping in the truck bed bag after bag.
Do anything over the winter? I usually work a winter job. We still have some work to do yet hopefully we can keep some money rolling in.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a pic of my new used plow I just picked up today. It works great and can't wait to use it. I wanted to get a new v plow but this was a good buy at $2,500. Here it is parked in my driveway, we started getting some nasty wheather so Ive been doing some salting etc.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We had alot of trees come down in our area because of our last wind,ice,rain storm. We been busy cutting and trimming trees here's a pic of a weeping willow I cut today you can see it's all mangled.
Attached Images